No announcement yet.

2009 Wimbledon Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Wimbledon Thread

Wimbledon starts tomorrow. My favorite Tennis slam of the year. Because of the tradition and the grass court surface.

Sad to see Nadal have to pull out because of knee injuries. Would have liked to see him defend his title and also I feel it would be fitting for Roger to break Pete's record if he beat Nadal. Also maybe they could have come close to matching their great match of a year before. With Nadal out it's again Roger's to lose I feel.

On the Womens side this tournament has been owned by Venus Williams of late so I would assume she's the favorite coming in no matter how well she's played this year. Serena of course will challenge as well and I wouldn't be suprised if they met in the finals. For the Sharapova fans this is a surface she usually does well in so she could go far. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that Victoria Azerenka is gonna win this tournament. She has played well all year and her power is tremendous, which usually does well on grass. She has a game similar to Sharapova only she moves better. She could be too inexperienced to win this big of tournament but I do feel she's the future number one in years to come.

How many times did Sampras win Wimbledon again? was it 7?

Comment

It's a shame Nadal will be out of Wimbledon but i still think it will be just as competetive. Andy Murray has a very good chance of winning it on his recent form. I have a feeling Federer will win it once against though. Sharapova to win the womens!

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
        Yeah im pretty sure it was seven because half of his slam wins were at Wimbledon.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
          Yeah think it was 7.

Roger Federer will piss it this year. Murray v Federer final.

Comment

Anybody but Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
              Yeah think it was 7.

Roger Federer will piss it this year. Murray v Federer final.
              That's the final I would like see. Murray will probably have the crowd behind him the whole tournament and what a great way for the Brits to end their string of not winning slams by Murray beating possibly the best player of all time.

Comment

Should be great federer to win

Comment

i hate how the media tries to make less of rogers accomplishments, particularly after his win at the french. they said it wasnt as special because rafa didnt make it to the final... but its not like he didnt have his opportunities, he got beat, plain and simple. but yeah, im going to watch wimbledon and i hope roger wins.

Comment

I like Roger.

Would like to see Andy Murray win it.

Comment

Working...
                    X