Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question regarding protein

Im about 143 right now trying to get down to fight at 135

I have a thin frame so I want to add muscle

if I take protein will that help me gain muscle and help me get a bit bigger

and will it still let me drop the weight

im asking these because a bunch of people have told me that taking protein shakes just make you gain weight. They do get you biggger but you gain weight

so pretty much the question is if I take protein will it affect me when I try to lose the finl 8 lbs for the weigh in

It will be hard lose 8 pounds and gain muscle, unless you are a bit chubby but i doubt that. It also depends on how much muscle you want to gain, but muscle always weights more than fat. I would not suggest drinking protein shakes, because it's likely that you will gain weight. I would suggest just eating stuff that are high in protein; chicken, fish, eggs, nuts, ect. While slowy adding muscle to your frame.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by antonio30 View Post

im asking these because a bunch of people have told me that taking protein shakes just make you gain weight. They do get you biggger but you gain weight

so pretty much the question is if I take protein will it affect me when I try to lose the finl 8 lbs for the weigh in
      You cant gain muscle and lose weight at the same time. If you want to gain muscle you need to consume more calories than you burn. The calories need to come from Carbohydrates , fats and protein. Not just protein. Studies show that you need ideally at least .9 grams of protein per pound you weigh. You can get the protein through meat, milk, tuna,, eggs etc, or you can use a protein powder to supplement if you are not eating enough protein.

So if you want to gain muscle and get bigger you need to eat and work out. This will cause weight gain in the form of muscle and fat. It is unavoidable. You need to determine what is your priority right now, making weight for boxing or gaining muscle. You could also wait until off season and then do a bulking program.

Comment

Originally posted by antonio30 View Post

You'll be fine doing that. Before school sidetracked me I was doing the same thing and it was working. I was dropping a pound or 2 a week. Make sure you do lots of running.
        And most importantly, cut lunch out of your day and count that protein shake as your meal along with fruit/nuts, etc.

Comment

If you want to make the weight then forget about the muscle part. You may get leaner and look bigger anyway. Leaner muscles look bigger in general but don't worry about it. You can't acheive two conflicting goals at once.

Peace.

Comment

Working...
          X