No announcement yet.

The RING Title Doesn't Get Enough Respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
    So Junior Jones is a better fighter than Marco Antonio Barrera?
    Oliver McCall is a better fighter than Lennox Lewis?
    Drake Thadzi is a better fighter than James Toney?
    Vince Phillips is a better fighter than Kostya Tszyu?
    Joe Frazier was a better fighter than Muhammad Ali?
    Buster Douglas was a better fighter than Mike Tyson?
    John Ruiz is a better fighter than Evander Holyfield?

I'll stop now....but I could go on all century.

you cant use that logic. if thats the case, the New York Jets werent real superbowl champs in Superbowl 3 since the Colts were favored to win and win big. Upsets happen, if you beat the champ, in a championship match, your the champ, thats why you fight the fights.

Comment

So Junior Jones is a better fighter than Marco Antonio Barrera?
      Oliver McCall is a better fighter than Lennox Lewis?
      Drake Thadzi is a better fighter than James Toney?
      Vince Phillips is a better fighter than Kostya Tszyu?
      Joe Frazier was a better fighter than Muhammad Ali?
      Buster Douglas was a better fighter than Mike Tyson?
      John Ruiz is a better fighter than Evander Holyfield?

I'll stop now....but I could go on all century.
      Upsets happen and on that particular day the winner was better than the loser. Yeah, styles make fights. So what? A win is a win...

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
        you cant use that logic. if thats the case, the New York Jets werent real superbowl champs in Superbowl 3 since the Colts were favored to win and win big. Upsets happen, if you beat the champ, in a championship match, your the champ, thats why you fight the fights.
        Great, they're the champ.

Doesn't mean they're better fighters in any way shape or form. Therefore I don't think they would deserve the head honcho status unless they've proven otherwise by fighting other guys at the "title" level.

I could use the example all day long and it sticks....look at Carlos Baldomir. He was the Ring Champ and his two victories were over Judah and then Arturo Gatti, lol. He doesn't hold the title anymore because Floyd beat him in a dancing the stars contest. It's over and where did that Ring title get him?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Great, they're the champ.

Doesn't mean they're better fighters in any way shape or form. Therefore I don't think they would deserve the head honcho status unless they've proven otherwise by fighting other guys at the "title" level.

I could use the example all day long and it sticks....look at Carlos Baldomir. He was the Ring Champ and his two victories were over Judah and then Arturo Gatti, lol. He doesn't hold the title anymore because Floyd beat him in a dancing the stars contest. It's over and where did that Ring title get him?
          the ring title got him 2 major paydays on national television and one PPV in which he netted more than he ever could have if he didint upset the other undisputed champ zab judah. He doesnt hold the title now, but without that title, nobody would have ever given a **** about baldomir because of judah's stature at the time, so you cant say it got him nowhere because im sure baldomir doesnt think that and neither does the boxing public.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
            the ring title got him 2 major paydays on national television and one PPV in which he netted more than he ever could have if he didint upset the other undisputed champ zab judah. He doesnt hold the title now, but without that title, nobody would have ever given a **** about baldomir because of judah's stature at the time, so you cant say it got him nowhere because im sure baldomir doesnt think that and neither does the boxing public.
            I don't care if he's the talk of the damn tabloids, or if his picture is taken every five seconds in action sequence like Britney Spears is.

The fact remains that he's a nobody, and he's not that good of a fighter. He had a good day, and he beat an unfocused Zab Judah and followed up by beating a we don't even have to go there in Gatti.

That's it. I'm more than sure he would simply get outpointed by any top welterweight around now and if he continues to fight....he'll continue to do so as a paid loser and not really a guy who has a chance to win the fight.

Baldomir was fortunate that he was at the receiving end of one of the biggest boxing upsets in recent memory....hell years. That's that....he's a damn buster Douglas and I don't want to hear about how solid of a "Ring" champ he was at the time he had that stupid paper title.

Preceding Douglas knocking Tyson out he got ass raped by Evander. It was a simple truth check to let people know that he was garbage and the fight was a fluke. That's ****ing that.

Floyd did the Dancing with the Stars version of the Truth check.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
              The fight is being billed as a fight for the IBO title. You don't think that's a slap in the face of a title that's been around since the early days of boxing? ****, even Rocky wore the RING belt in the movies because it is the real championship...
              Do you think that Hatton said to the promoters and the networks "Hey guys, lets push this as an IBO title fight. I consider my Ring Belt to be worthless to be honest".

Could your hate of Hatton, nay of British boxers in general possibly be any more blindly fanatical?

Comment

It figures that you'd support that because Carlos "Tata" Baldomir beat Zab Judah and was named accordingly. It's like when Tarver knocked Roy out....he became the "Ring Champ" lol what a joke.
                So you prefer the IBF policy of letting their champion keep the belt despite losing in a championship fight, on the basis that the winner of the fight wasn't as good? What would be the point in having title fights at all? If the championship couldn't be won or lost in the ring then it isn't a championship. It's a popularity contest.

Comment

I don't care if he's the talk of the damn tabloids, or if his picture is taken every five seconds in action sequence like Britney Spears is.

The fact remains that he's a nobody, and he's not that good of a fighter. He had a good day, and he beat an unfocused Zab Judah and followed up by beating a we don't even have to go there in Gatti.

That's it. I'm more than sure he would simply get outpointed by any top welterweight around now and if he continues to fight....he'll continue to do so as a paid loser and not really a guy who has a chance to win the fight.

Baldomir was fortunate that he was at the receiving end of one of the biggest boxing upsets in recent memory....hell years. That's that....he's a damn buster Douglas and I don't want to hear about how solid of a "Ring" champ he was at the time he had that stupid paper title.

Preceding Douglas knocking Tyson out he got ass raped by Evander. It was a simple truth check to let people know that he was garbage and the fight was a fluke. That's ****ing that.

Floyd did the Dancing with the Stars version of the Truth check.
                  The fact that you say buster douglas was a garbage fighter, shows that you know nothing about boxing. He was a well known heavyweight prospect 5 years before he beat mike tyson. You seriously need to brush up on your knowledge.

What has edison mirandad done? Yeah, nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    So you prefer the IBF policy of letting their champion keep the belt despite losing in a championship fight, on the basis that the winner of the fight wasn't as good? What would be the point in having title fights at all? If the championship couldn't be won or lost in the ring then it isn't a championship. It's a popularity contest.

No see....you're addressing the problem but in the wrong way. The Ring belt actually has become the popularity contest in effect.

If you win the belt you're automatically the Ring Champ. That's assuming everyone is looking for the Ring title which they're not THANK GOD.

Comment

And I always maintained Floyd was automatically the Champ at 147 when he moved up because he was the best fighter there as well as virtually on the planet. He didn't need to out run Carlos Baldomir to prove that point so he could simply say he's the Ring Champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X