Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: We'd Fight Ramirez at 168, Return To 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG comes in to camp around 170. If he goes up to fight a SMW (Froch, Chavez Jr., Degale, Ramirez, etc..) for a one shot fight knowing he'll be going back down to 160, how much do you think he weighs in at or enters the ring at?

You're criticizing a guy who's willing to give up 10+ lbs in the ring because the champs in his own weight class refuse to fight him? WTF is this garbage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      What should he be doing? - OK, maybe you think he should have dropped the opportunity for a marquee fight with Canelo to pursue Ward but that boat has sailed.

Given how things are right now how is looking to fighting a SMW titlist somehow a bad thing? I don't understand.

Negotiating with Ward would not have cost them the Canelo fight..... they could have easily negotiated a suitable date, just like Kovalev did. That is not correct at all.

BTW, the Canelo fight has not happened, and is unlikely to happen..... so that really is a poor excuse.

And you really don't remember a couple of months back, just after Roc Nation issued a public statement confirming that Team Golovkin turned down Ward in 25 minutes flat...... when Team Golovkin issued a number of press releases stating that Gennady is only interested in unifying at middleweight?

And again, just a few weeks ago, when RadioRaheem put Dirty Sanchez on the spot during an interview..... Sanchez stated that Ward was not worth it financially, and that they would ONLY consider fighting at 168 if it was at Wembley in front of 80,000 fans?

Ramirez is not even close to a big fight, so exactly what kind of bull**** are these guys trying to pull?

Ward is right when he told Team Bull**** to stop lying to the fans. It would have been far easier for them to say that Ward is a little big for us right now, but when we move to 168 we would be happy to fight him..... instead they had to keep running with that avoided killer bull****, so it was easier to lie and say that Ward was scared, that Ward was avoiding lil'G, that he would run, that Gennady would easily KHTFO.

Now they just look stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Negotiating with Ward would not have cost them the Canelo fight..... they could have easily negotiated a suitable date, just like Kovalev did. That is not correct at all.

BTW, the Canelo fight has not happened, and is unlikely to happen..... so that really is a poor excuse.

And you really don't remember a couple of months back, just after Roc Nation issued a public statement confirming that Team Golovkin turned down Ward in 25 minutes flat...... when Team Golovkin issued a number of press releases stating that Gennady is only interested in unifying at middleweight?

And again, just a few weeks ago, when RadioRaheem put Dirty Sanchez on the spot during an interview..... Sanchez stated that Ward was not worth it financially, and that they would ONLY consider fighting at 168 if it was at Wembley in front of 80,000 fans?

Ramirez is not even close to a big fight, so exactly what kind of bull**** are these guys trying to pull?

Ward is right when he told Team Bull**** to stop lying to the fans. It would have been far easier for them to say that Ward is a little big for us right now, but when we move to 168 we would be happy to fight him..... instead they had to keep running with that avoided killer bull****, so it was easier to lie and say that Ward was scared, that Ward was avoiding lil'G, that he would run, that Gennady would easily KHTFO.

Now they just look stupid.
        OK - regardless.

My preference would have been for GGG to accept the Ward offer. Personally I think that had they done so it would pretty much have scuppered any shot at Canelo - it can't actually be proven one way or another so there ain't much point arguing over it though I think I could make a strong case. And I'm not trying to make excuses - why would I? The Canelo fight is unlikely to happen and team GGG are going to look like chumps for wasting the last year or so if it doesn't - but I ain't gonna blame 'em for trying (though I will if they won't accept at least a partial CW to get the deal closed).

Do they look like hypocrites? Sure... but does that mean that they should now turn down any SMW fight that might come along? What.. to save face?

Given the way the situation stands now - and accepting that the Ward boat has sailed and MW unifiers are the priority, is Zurdo actually a bad option?

Sure - hypocrites, liars, chumps etc.. fair enough. But what is the actual best option for GGG now in your opinion? Besides the apology for his scandalous behaviour that you clearly feel GGG owes Andre and the boxing world in general, that is..
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 04-19-2016, 02:22 AM.

Comment

OK - regardless.

My preference would have been for GGG to accept the Ward offer. Personally I think that had they done so it would pretty much have scuppered any shot at Canelo - it can't actually be proven one way or another so there ain't much point arguing over it though I think I could make a strong case. And I'm not trying to make excuses - why would I? The Canelo fight is unlikely to happen and team GGG are going to look like chumps for wasting the last year or so if it doesn't - but I ain't gonna blame 'em for trying (though I will if they won't accept at least a partial CW to get the deal closed).

Do they look like hypocrites? Sure... but does that mean that they should now turn down any SMW fight that might come along? What.. to save face?

Given the way the situation stands now - and accepting that the Ward boat has sailed and MW unifiers are the priority, is Zurdo actually a bad option?

Sure - hypocrites, liars, chumps etc.. fair enough. But what is the actual best option for GGG now in your opinion? Besides the apology for his scandalous behaviour that you clearly feel GGG owes Andre and the boxing world in general, that is..

What they did..... is blatantly lie to the public.

I don't see why I should accept that, and I don't see why I should forget.

They can keep their apology.... just stop lying.

Regarding Golovkin's options, I have no idea.

Comment

• Smh @ this...

Comment

What should he be doing? - OK, maybe you think he should have dropped the opportunity for a marquee fight with Canelo to pursue Ward but that boat has sailed.

Given how things are right now how is looking to fighting a SMW titlist somehow a bad thing? I don't understand.
              He could have fought Ward awhile ago, yet were too scared to do so.
              The offers to fight Froch & others at 168, but not Ward is proof of this.

They knew double G can not defeat Ward, so they avoided the fight, similar to what Arum did with manny p

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                What they did..... is blatantly lie to the public.

I don't see why I should accept that, and I don't see why I should forget.

They can keep their apology.... just stop lying.

Regarding Golovkin's options, I have no idea.
                Fair enough. In my book the world of boxing managers and promoters is awash with bull**** - there's so much to go around that I ain't gonna become fixated on the falsehoods of one particular fighter. I almost never jump on other teams for poor matchmaking or deceit and I ain't gonna do it for GGG either - maybe I'm just too laid back though. TBH I really don't care if they lied or not. What difference does in actually make? That's why I was trying to steer the conversation onto something a little more constructive - and to me at least - interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
                  He could have fought Ward awhile ago, yet were too scared to do so.
                  The offers to fight Froch & others at 168, but not Ward is proof of this.

They knew double G can not defeat Ward, so they avoided the fight, similar to what Arum did with manny p
                  That may be the case - though whether they were 'scared' or just playing the same risk / reward game as every other fighter is a matter of perspective. But yeah. Say they were scared. Say they lied. What has that got to do with whether or not they should fight Zurdo?

Comment

Fair enough. In my book the world of boxing managers and promoters is awash with bull**** - there's so much to go around that I ain't gonna become fixated on the falsehoods of one particular fighter. I almost never jump on other teams for poor matchmaking or deceit and I ain't gonna do it for GGG either - maybe I'm just too laid back though. TBH I really don't care if they lied or not. What difference does in actually make? That's why I was trying to steer the conversation onto something a little more constructive - and to me at least - interesting.

It affects the media, it affects the fans, and subsequently it affects boxing in general. The Mayweather/Pacquiao mess created an awful situation for boxing..... and it all happened because of lies.

But fair point, I am starting to look at it that way myself.

Not quite, I still have a bit of fight left in me yet.

And to answer your question..... Jacobs is the best fight for Golovkin..... but the best fight in that division is Jacobs/Saunders.

I hope that fight happens next, but only if the winner fights Gennady.

I agree that GGG has been dicked out of some good fights, and that he is deserving of those fights..... there is no question that some guys are avoiding him, the last 3 lineal MW champs are a great example.

I suspect that Saunders is avoiding him as well, and Jacobs is hardly champing at the bit to fight him..... but the point is this..... not everyone is avoiding Golovkin, and he is only taking the fights that suit him..... Team Golovkin are making weak excuses to avoid fighting better opponents, just like everyone else, they are NO different.

The blindness to that OBVIOUS fact by certain parties, is very annoying to me..... even more annoying than Golovkin/others making careful risk/reward decisions.

Why blame 1, when both are obviously doing it? And the point you made above..... "I really don't care if they lied or not. What difference does in actually make?"..... well, when forced to make a decision, I will always side with the guy who hasn't lied to me.

Maybe I'm turning into a grumpy ol cvnt, but yea, just my opinion.

Comment

That may be the case - though whether they were 'scared' or just playing the same risk / reward game as every other fighter is a matter of perspective. But yeah. Say they were scared. Say they lied. What has that got to do with whether or not they should fight Zurdo?

Aah ok, you know whats up.

And yea, in that context, fair point about Zurdo.

Comment

Working...
                      X