Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Mayweather pick Maidana/Berto over Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
    Algeri was always going to be a tough fight for khan, have you seen how big that mofo is? He's got the height and reach advantage on khan and khan had to get close to land his punches and when he did Algeri let of his own. Khan didn't have the power to hurt Algeri and Algeri just turned it into a dog fight.
    Floyd doesn't have the power, but Khan doesn't have the power to hurt Floyd either.

Khan would be fucked if he tried to clinch Floyd, because Floyd actually has an inside game.

Comment

I guarantee you that if Floyd DID choose Khan, people would be *****ing that he picked a guy who struggled against Algieri.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        Floyd doesn't have the power, but Khan doesn't have the power to hurt Floyd either.

Khan would be fucked if he tried to clinch Floyd, because Floyd actually has an inside game.
        and that's exactly why it would have been an interesting fight. Khan struggles against punchers and Floyd isn't a puncher so it would have been interesting to see how it panned out. You're right Floyd is good on the inside but if Floyd were to fight on the inside he would have surely taken some shots. They wouldn't have hurt Floyd but it would have been interesting to see someone land on him for a change.

Comment

and that's exactly why it would have been an interesting fight. Khan struggles against punchers and Floyd isn't a puncher so it would have been interesting to see how it panned out. You're right Floyd is good on the inside but if Floyd were to fight on the inside he would have surely taken some shots. They wouldn't have hurt Floyd but it would have been interesting to see someone land on him for a change.
          Peterson isn't a puncher either.

Floyd would just time Khan.

Comment

Peterson isn't a puncher either.

Floyd would just time Khan.
            And Peterson never hurt khan. Have you forgotten how many shots Peterson ate to get his punches off? He was down 3 times in the opening 2 rounds.

Comment

And Peterson never hurt khan. Have you forgotten how many shots Peterson ate to get his punches off? He was down 3 times in the opening 2 rounds.
              Floyd would just adjust.

Khan has a low ring IQ, and poor defense.

Comment

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
                I'm just trying to figure out what Khan did to go from a bum to someone mayweather ducked since the time he picked Maidana over him. Most people on this fight thought May weather rigged his website for Khan to win since literally every other poll had Maidana winning comfortably.
                That's exactly how I remember it. Khan was the cherrypick, and he's done **** all since then.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  That's exactly how I remember it. Khan was the cherrypick, and he's done **** all since then.
                  I recall Khan struggling against ancient Julio Diaz.

Comment

Floyd would just adjust.

Khan has a low ring IQ, and poor defense.
                    Khan never struggles against pure boxers.

Comment

I recall Khan struggling against ancient Julio Diaz.
                      That most certainly happened. Floyd would've been crucified for fighting Khan instead of Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                      X