Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jisi View Post
    No.

Vitali did well the first two rounds after that he was in survival mode.
    Great poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      It's nice to win over guys who beat you, but I personally don't take too much on Wlad for not rematching Sanders (he didn't have a proper chance to do it), less on Vitali who was like 8:1 in rounds before injured himself.

Recently re-watching some old Wlad's fights I am more confident he would beat Sanders even in immediate rematch. He would be more cautious and he really took the worst possible shot in the first fight. Not just he took the cleanest punch possible but Sanders head was just on the opposite side of Wlad's head when he took that hook. It was like someone punch you up to wall. Ouch!

I agree with most of what you say.. but I disagree with the Sanders opinion.

Wladimir under Steward I believe could have beaten Corrie on route to a safe but easy UD or late tko

For him to beat Sanders PRIOR TO Steward.. he will literally have to bomb Sanders out. I watched a lot of Wlad's old fights.. I just don't see how his style pre steward could have survived Sanders for 4-5 rounds before Sanders gas.

Wlad lacked defense and didn't work off the jab like he does now. He gets very very agressive whenever he feels there's a opening but still panics when he's hit and rarely know how to hold on. His stamina also seem to be a issue... I'm talking PRE Steward Wlad.

If you think he could have beaten Sanders in an immediate rematch. What odds do you give? I think it's a 50-50 fight at BEST for Wlad. I mean he made different but equally deadly mistakes against Brewster a YEAR after Sanders? Why will he improve in an immediate rematch?

Comment

• Vitali should have done better with an unfit unmotivated old Lewis. He he wouldn't have stood a chance if Lewis was in shape

Comment

• Originally posted by Knibbsy1 View Post
          Vitali should have done better with an unfit unmotivated old Lewis. He he wouldn't have stood a chance if Lewis was in shape
          This is what the Klitlickers cannot get into their heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knibbsy1 View Post
            Vitali should have done better with an unfit unmotivated old Lewis. He he wouldn't have stood a chance if Lewis was in shape
            2 things.

1: Done better? What do you mean? He led on points before the stoppage.

2: Lewis not in shape? Hmmmm.... He was in a long camp in canada preparing for a defense of his championship while Vitali was preparing for an undercard fight before taking the fight with about a weeks notice. Don't give me that weight BS. HW fighters tend to vary quite a bit, and had he taken a dump before the weigh-in, he'd be 5 lbs lower anyway.

And let me add that preparing for an undercard fight and preparing for a championship fight is a big difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
              This is what the Klitlickers cannot get into their heads.
              You dig up 3 month old thread...If I am Klitlicker than how would you call yourself?

Comment

• He didn't "dominate" him. To say that would be ridiculous. It was a dog-fight, very hard fought for both fighters. They were both exhausted after the 6th round. It was close on the cards. But Vitali def put up a good showing, though Lennox deserves credit for taking Vitali's best punches as well.
                Last edited by LacedUp; 04-08-2013, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• This?

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Lewis not in shape? Hmmmm.... He was in a long camp in canada preparing for a defense of his championship while Vitali was preparing for an undercard fight before taking the fight with about a weeks notice. Don't give me that weight BS.
                  Or this during his post fight interview?

Originally posted by Vitali Klitschko View Post
                  Lennox Lewis promised to knock me out in 5 rounds. Why didn't he? I know because he don't have condition for 5 rounds.
                  Who is wrong, you or your hero?

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                    You dig up 3 month old thread...If I am Klitlicker than how would you call yourself?
                    It's not my fault you felt so compelled so post on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                      This?

Or this during his post fight interview?

Who is wrong, you or your hero?
                      What's your point here? That Vitali smashed Lummox so bad that he couldn't last 5 rounds?

Comment

Working...
                      X