Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSG gets hated but the kid is a winner, fights tough comp and poised

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was all the backlash for Pac Margarito? lol he took a ton if backlash on NSB and no one takes that vacant title seriously at all. It was stupid for the WBC to make that fight for a vacant belt just like it was stupid for the WBC to make Garcia Guerrero for a vacant belt.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      I like him, but let's be real on some things.

At 147 he's done nothing.

Arguably lost to Herrera. Arguably draw or lost to Peterson. Fought an unranked 135 that he took to a WW catchweight. W T F !!
      Guerrero? come on he's so shot, and he sucks.

It's clear why people lost respect for him. It will be three years ago since his last good win (against Matthysse) soon. He's like Ward. The only difference is that he fought more often.

Lately he's done **** and that's why he deserves **** too.

Khan and Matthysse, excelent wins. I used to like him. But lately he's doing ****.

We can discuss about the Herrera and Peterson fights, and in the Peterson fight it's clear that he took most of the first six rounds, but by one punch or two punches because they were very few action rounds. But then in the last six he was outlanded and dominated badly, ending with the face full of marks, yet he got the win.

Same in the Herrera fight.

every fighter in history who has been champion or ranked has fought a soft touch or too.....Ali fought friggin chuck wepner who a 40 year old liston beat to bits, Alfredo evangelista....the list goes on

bruises don't win rounds.....fights are scored round by round and he has no robbery wins....he does have wins that could've been a draw or a 1-2 point swing...that's nothing to lose sleep about when people are getting robbed in fights that are clear wins

name one fighter in history who fought stiff competition as much as he has that didn't have a close fight....just one

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Where was all the backlash for Pac Margarito? lol he took a ton if backlash on NSB and no one takes that vacant title seriously at all. It was stupid for the WBC to make that fight for a vacant belt just like it was stupid for the WBC to make Garcia Guerrero for a vacant belt.
        they could've just awarded to him like GGG

Comment

Garcia suffers from what Canelo suffers from.
          Too many haters.

Both have very good resumes, both take on everyone, and when you take on everyone you're going to have some close decisions.

It's only when you fight cab drivers that you look impressive every time.

Unfortunately it's this knew breed of boxing fans where If they like you you're amazing and if the don't you're a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            lol

You must be against Lara vs Golovkin (seeing as how Lara has done nothing at 160 to earn a title shot), seeing as how you brought up Margarito vs Pacquiao.

At least Margarito had won the WBC International belt from the fight prior.

Pacquiao gets special consideration because he was an all-time great moving up in multiple divisions and winning. Same thing for Mayweather.

Comment

Just remember, there is a reason why he and his dad want NOTHING to do with that Khan rematch. Khan is his mandatory now, it has nothing to do with their fight at 140 at all, it's just a matter of rankings and rules.

They know they got lucky with the GARSH that time around and Khan would be on the lookout for it this time.

Comment

In regards to OP's comments about Pac's 154 title - Margarito was coming off of a win for the WBC international 154 title against Roberto Garcia by wide UD and was going to be in line for a shot at the WBC world 154 title either way.

Now a legitimate point might be that Pacquiao picked that time to take a fight against a guy with one fight at 154 who would be willing and able to make a catchweight, and with somewhat of a name, in order to get a relatively easy shot at an 8th division title. I can agree with that. I mean, there is a reason Pac immediately dropped the title and had no more fights at 154 - he had no business in that division. Still I think it took balls for a former flyweight to take the fight knowing he'd be outweighed probably 15+ lbs in the ring.

Basically, there is a legitimate complaint to be made about how much that belt means (I think I've referred to it as a paper title on NSB before) but I don't see the connection between that and the rest of your comment. Garcia was a 10/1 favorite over an opponent who has looked bad several times in the weight class in question but still somehow got a title out of that. It's not really a big deal that he was basically just handed this title to me though because in this division it won't be long before he has to take on a top opponent.

Garcia eats a lot of criticism for his performances between Matthysse and Guerrero. But he looked good last weekend and I'd say he's gotta be just one solid win away from appearing on P4P lists again.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-25-2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

You can debate about the quality of some of the GGG victims but one critical difference is that Golovkin leaves no ****ing doubt. He just lays waste to all of his foes.

I know this much: if Golovkin fought the Middleweight equivalent of a Mauricio Herrera, such an opponent would be brutally steamrolled.

Also why does every argument have to come back to GGG? If you hate the guy and think he's overrated, you're only adding to the hype, the mythology, and the aura of invincibility that surrounds him if you reference him in every thread.

Comment

every fighter in history who has been champion or ranked has fought a soft touch or too.....Ali fought friggin chuck wepner who a 40 year old liston beat to bits, Alfredo evangelista....the list goes on

bruises don't win rounds.....fights are scored round by round and he has no robbery wins....he does have wins that could've been a draw or a 1-2 point swing...that's nothing to lose sleep about when people are getting robbed in fights that are clear wins

name one fighter in history who fought stiff competition as much as he has that didn't have a close fight....just one
                    Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                    Garcia suffers from what Canelo suffers from.
                    Too many haters.

Both have very good resumes, both take on everyone, and when you take on everyone you're going to have some close decisions.

It's only when you fight cab drivers that you look impressive every time.

Unfortunately it's this knew breed of boxing fans where If they like you you're amazing and if the don't you're a bum.
                    I say it again. His only good wins are Khan and Matthysse. He was bullied by Peterson, the guy that Matthysse KOed in three rounds.

Ever since the Matthysse fight he's done **** and you both ignore that? he was the man at 140, but after that fight he's fought horrible opponents (C level and post prime feather fisted Malignaggi, 135 D level pounder Salka, C level and post prime Guerrero)

His only good fights were against Herrera and Peterson and there's a case for him losing both fights. When people say that he's lucky to be undefeated you can't take away the fact that the judges could have made him lose both fights, or at least one, or two draws... he was given suspicious wins in both cases.

So his last good fight was three years ago. Khan and Matthysse are his wins in the resume. Judah? Judah was a B level fighter and was already past prime when beaten by Garcia.

In the Khan fight he was getting outboxed until he scored that magnificient hook. In the Matthysse fight he was being outboxed until Matthysse's eye inflated due to a weird lucky punch that touched his eye.

----------

And I wrote all of the above while liking him. Let's get real. I like him, I support him, but she's done so much **** lately that it's hard to support him now.

Comment

names are just names, Its the version of that name that matters lol people give him credit for the morales win lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X