Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan's Devastating Body Shots Would Have Stopped Brandon Rios In 3 Rounds Max

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan's Devastating Body Shots Would Have Stopped Brandon Rios In 3 Rounds Max

Had Khan fought the version of Rios that Bradley recently fought, the fight is over in 1 to 3 rounds. Rios was extremely soft to the body that night because he had to drop a ton of weight before the fight doing a fat camp.

We saw Khan nearly KO Maidana in 1 round with a single devastating body shot which he no doubt could repeatedly catch that slow, plodding washed up version of Rios with. He also KOd Judah with a single body shot if you recall, virtually crippling the man instantly upon impact.

Bradley did OK but he probably took considerably longer to stop that shot Rios than some other top tier welterweights would have - most especially Khan who we can safely assume would have stopped Rios quicker than anyone else due to his proven body shots.

The question remains: Which round does Khan stop Rios.. 1, 2 or 3?
    Last edited by FlatLine; 11-13-2015, 02:40 AM.

Maybe Amir from a few years ago. Not the garbage flicker we see now.
    Rios would've gotten up because he knew he could stop Khan. Reason why Maidana continued.
    Against Bradley, Rios knew that he lost completely already. Getting stopped by the weakest hitting top fighter there is..

Comment

Khan is not that fighter anymore. He's so fearful for his chin that he no longer sits down on hispunches. It's about volume and impressing the judges now. No chance would he stand in front of Rios and plant heavy punches.

Also, if he did, he has the consequence of possibly getting hit and we know his chin is cracked. I think he beats Rios, but it would be decision via 1000 jabs.

Comment

I think you mean Khan devastating below the belt fouls would probably get him an ugly decision against Rios. I actually think even this version of Rios would give Khan problems because he is not that good. He is no Tim Bradley.

Comment

Khan's devastating body shots

He dropped Maidana with a body shot and then decided to head-hunt the rest of the fight.

He probably would have allowed Rios back into the fight after the first 3 rounds, going life and death with him.

Comment

Please, Algieri almost took Khan out, Rios would have crushed him.

I do hope this Pac fight is done so Pac can retire Khan as his last contribution to the sport.

Comment

Working...
            X