Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White is a good guy, so doesnt want his fighters getting rich.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White is a good guy, so doesnt want his fighters getting rich.

http://vendettafighter.com/news/dana...ghters-salary/

“All I have seen for the past 3 days is that Prince Fielder is making $214 million dollars over the next 9 years. That sounds awesome right? Everybody would love to be Prince Fielder. (Expletive) no, you don’t want to be Prince Fielder over the next three years.

His whole life is going to change. He thought it was bad before with the (expletive) he had going on in his life? Everybody and their mother is coming after that 214. Believe me when I tell you. Mark my words, Prince Fielder talk to me in five years and tell me what it was like when the news put out there that you were making $214 million dollars. I’m not going to do that to my guys.”

Why do you care so about how much money they make?

Comment

Some of that is taken out of context, his other premise is that if he releases the whole purse for each fighter then people will be asking them for money which is pretty weak lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        Why do you care so about how much money they make?
        was about to say the same thing. I personally don't watch mma to see how much fighters make or even to see Dana White. I only care about whats going on in the cage. I mean, as long as the top talent is getting paid enough to afford a house and a car and support their family, I don't think much else matters.

and its not like any of the top fighters are dirt poor. Why should a fighter with a 3-0 record be getting more than 20-30k per year? What is he bringing to the company that another guy can't?

Jon Jones bought a Bentley after only his 8th UFC fight. What a poor bastard right. How many boxers are buying bentleys only 3 years into their careers?

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          was about to say the same thing. I personally don't watch mma to see how much fighters make or even to see Dana White. I only care about whats going on in the cage. I mean, as long as the top talent is getting paid enough to afford a house and a car and support their family, I don't think much else matters.

and its not like any of the top fighters are dirt poor. Why should a fighter with a 3-0 record be getting more than 20-30k per year? What is he bringing to the company that another guy can't?

Jon Jones bought a Bentley after only his 8th UFC fight. What a poor bastard right. How many boxers are buying bentleys only 3 years into their careers?
          I hear ya on this one these guys do ok I mean the lower level guys that only get 4-6k a fight a lil tough but ok I can see it no big deal and for the most part the higher guys do very well like you stated family,house all the things you would be happy with perfect if nothing else I never wanna see this turn into a Mayweater and Pac thing grab 25mil for a fight and see you next year thats not good for anyone the fans or the sport imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
            I hear ya on this one these guys do ok I mean the lower level guys that only get 4-6k a fight a lil tough but ok I can see it no big deal and for the most part the higher guys do very well like you stated family,house all the things you would be happy with perfect if nothing else I never wanna see this turn into a Mayweater and Pac thing grab 25mil for a fight and see you next year thats not good for anyone the fans or the sport imo.
            well actually the minimum is 6k per fight. that number doesn't look that great per fight, but those lower level guys are fighting like 3-4 times a year. So usually per year that translates to anywhere from 18k(if they lose all their fights) to 48k(if they win all their fights) for 4 fights. Thats not too bad if you compare that with boxers who are just starting their careers.
            Last edited by -Swizzy-; 01-28-2012, 01:10 AM.

Comment

well actually the minimum is 6k per fight. that number doesn't look that great per fight, but those lower level guys are fighting like 3-4 times a year. So usually per year that translates to anywhere from 18k(if they lose all their fights) to 48k(if they win all their fights) for 4 fights. Thats not too bad if you compare that with boxers who are just starting their careers.
              Imma take it you have never fought at all because most lower level fighters still hold down there jobs and just do not get enough to live witch I understand there not main stream. From what I know and personal people that I have grew up with always fought worked and still had a home life now that's tough I promise a boxer on there first 4-5 fights aren't even close to what you think but its all good God bless them all for getting in there and holding it down!

Comment

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
                Imma take it you have never fought at all because most lower level fighters still hold down there jobs and just do not get enough to live witch I understand there not main stream. From what I know and personal people that I have grew up with always fought worked and still had a home life now that's tough I promise a boxer on there first 4-5 fights aren't even close to what you think but its all good God bless them all for getting in there and holding it down!
                no i haven't fought but I have taken boxing lessons at Tristar gym and know some of the lower level fighters who are in the UFC.... and yes some of them are taking jobs on the side to make it by. But at the same time, if those guys have the talent and put in the hardwork, everything will workout in the end.

Thats the way it is in any business. You get rewarded for your talent and hardwork in the long run. Can't just pay entry level guys big money right away.... that doesn't make sense. Thats what causes the downfall of any business.

Comment

no i haven't fought but I have taken boxing lessons at Tristar gym and know some of the lower level fighters who are in the UFC.... and yes some of them are taking jobs on the side to make it by. But at the same time, if those guys have the talent and put in the hardwork, everything will workout in the end.

Thats the way it is in any business. You get rewarded for your talent and hardwork in the long run. Can't just pay entry level guys big money right away.... that doesn't make sense. Thats what causes the downfall of any business.
                  U live in montreal ??

Comment

TS, you're a complete weirdo. All your threads is either M-1 love or UFC bashing.

How is it possible to have this deep affection with a mickey mouse organisation like M-1 global?
                    You surely must work for this company in some fashion?

Comment

Working...
                    X