Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mathew Hatton saved by the Referee?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Mathew Hatton saved by the Referee?

Go to 2:32

Yes he did by giving Hatton time to recover
    40.00%
    No the ref did his job
    60.00%

Naw he was just telling the guy to go back to the neutral corner. Like Bayless did with Pacquiao when he fought Hatton.

Comment

Hatton was already up. Nuzhnenko had gone to the neutral corner when Hatton went down.

A couple of other times when Hatton was hurt, the referee had Nuzhnenko go to his corner and fix his tape, even though it wasn't coming undone very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
        Hatton was already up. Nuzhnenko had gone to the neutral corner when Hatton went down.

A couple of other times when Hatton was hurt, the referee had Nuzhnenko go to his corner and fix his tape, even though it wasn't coming undone very much.
        Really? i gotta watch the whole fight. if Alvarez vs Hatton does happen the ref won't be helping Hatton when Alvarez hits him good. Alvarez 4th rd KO

Comment

not a chance was hatton saved by hte ref, he was never badly hurt!! he has an iron chin and i thought he just won the ifght by a round or two IMO

Comment

That's an interesting point; refs have the power to make or break. However I didn't see the fight and must go by the opinions of those who did see it.

I can think of a few other cases where the same sort of acion by the ref DID (in the opinion of journalists) affect the fight, by his physical intervention. One was when Archie Moore KD Rocky Marciano. Another was when Harold Johnson KD Archie Moore.

And, of course the famous Dempsey Tunney rematch, when Dempsey KD Tunney. You could even include the Tyson Douglas fight when the ref gave Douglas at least a 14 second count (to eight), although he didn't physically intervene.

And I'm sure there have been many more.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post

This is total bollox, (1) Nuzchenko didn't have Hatton hurt at any other time and (2) Nuzchenko actually benefitted from getting his tape fixed because he got a rest mid-round when Hatton's fitness usually took over.

Enough of the excuses, Nuzchenko was yapping on pre-fight about how he'd beaten better fighters than Hatton, well he can yap all the way back to East Europe now and dream of what might've been.

Comment

Working...
                X