No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran is overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrettyBoyRoy 88 View Post
    He sucks. Made a name for himself for beating Leonard once and saying No Mas in the rematch. This bum lost all of his big fights except the first Sugar Ray one and a split decision to Iran Barkley. Lost to Hagler, Benitez, Hearns, Leonard twice. He's praised for what? his losses? 103-16 in a resume that's more padded with bums than Margarito's gloves were padded with plaster. I rather praise Arturo Gatti and his ability to get people paychecks by being their punching bag on TV, than praising Roberto "Manos de Mierda" Duran. Duran is loved because he was a God at losing big fights. I sound mad? yes I am because there is a lot hypocrisy going on, on this forum. I'm just gonna leave it at that.
    Go watch ballet. You are clearly an idiot who doesn't know ****.
    Want to do some research about the "no mas"

I am from the Caribbean and part of my family was attached to the Government down there at that time.

We all knew the second fight was going to go down the drain, lot's of people made money out of it.

Omar Torrijo's brother did bet against Duran.

This is what no one ever tells.

Durán is one of the best ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
      Good post but once again we are debating the very best fighter of all time. You can not be a top P4P fighter of all time only dominating one division IMO. You must strive to be better and fight outside of your natural weight and Duran wasn't able to continue that greatness. Like you said he was the smaller and weaker man in the rings versus those guys the same holds true against most of Durans opponents in the lightweight division.
      Dominating one division so completely, then moving up two weights, and beating an absolute PRIME SRL puts you on that short list.

Comment

• The OTs. Original tards of NSB.

Funny to see this **** been going on since 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          They just gave you a list of fighters he beat, notable wins. Seriously, Duran would KO Godzilla if he was to invade Panama, plus he was of Mexican blood so that makes him the toughest man to ever walk the planet....

I have boxing gloves older than you, seriously.
          LOL, one of the best replies ever!
          I agree!

Comment

• goddamn Kev...you've been in college for like 7yrs now with your Vinny Pazienza ass

Comment

• If Floyd beats GGG at 160 then he can then be mentioned in the same breath as Duran.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                If Floyd beats GGG at 160 then he can then be mentioned in the same breath as Duran.
                No.........

Good to see this thread revived

Comment

• All I will say is...Duran's fights against Cuevas told me enough about Duran that his name belongs at or near the top of most any list of the best. That fight showcased Duran at his absolute best. He was so well rounded and had few flaws in his game.

The only time Duran was ever outmatched was when his opponent had superior ring intelligence, which didn't happen often even in later years when he switched his style and lowered his aggression. Hearns just outranged him.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrettyBoyRoy 88 View Post
                    He sucks. Made a name for himself for beating Leonard once and saying No Mas in the rematch. This bum lost all of his big fights except the first Sugar Ray one and a split decision to Iran Barkley. Lost to Hagler, Benitez, Hearns, Leonard twice. He's praised for what? his losses? 103-16 in a resume that's more padded with bums than Margarito's gloves were padded with plaster. I rather praise Arturo Gatti and his ability to get people paychecks by being their punching bag on TV, than praising Roberto "Manos de Mierda" Duran. Duran is loved because he was a God at losing big fights. I sound mad? yes I am because there is a lot hypocrisy going on, on this forum. I'm just gonna leave it at that.
                    Duran had an extended run at LW and dominated the division. Yes there weren't exactly great fighters at 135 in the 70s but he disposed of most of them like he was a level above, which he was. Then, at WW, he beat one of the greatest fighters in his prime. Sadly, after that, I agree, he does get overrated.

I also agree that Duran lost his biggest fights (Hearns, Benitez, Leonard 2/3, Hagler and so on) but he managed to stage a number of come backs, beat a handful of bigger opponents and actually beat a good, bigger man in Barkley. Not to mention that he had a terrific skill level, great offense, good in defense and terrific footwork in his prime years.

It's difficult to rank Duran though, is he top 10? He lacks in the win column when comparing to the likes of Ali, Robinson, Charles, Leonard and a few others. Top 20? That starts to make more sense but then people may argue certain other fighters won bigger fights and more titles. It's a tricky situation but when we decide to forget the rankings, there is no denying Duran is a truly great fighter.

Comment

• Can the mods please introduce insta-bans for these twats that go round robin posting these Roberto Duran hate threads?

Comment

Working...
                      X