Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell+Reed's PBC investment has lost 59% of it's value.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    400-500 million is impressive.

I dont think he is nor do i think PBC will fail but if it does and it turns out this was a scam then yes im tipping my cap. Smarter and more convincing than anyone i have ever met and i have met and dealt with some big money boys
    I don't think he had to convince anyone. It appears he colluded with an individual at the firm who secured him the funds. That guy now works for haymon. All that guy did was allocate the funds into the project that he knows is bull****. It happens often, especially in mining.

Comment

• Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
      You don't need to be on CBS to be a star, you just need to have the "it factor", Cotto, Canelo, Pacquiao they all became stars on HBO, they didnt need network tv.
      I didn't mention network TV. Merely TV in general. I wouldn't disagree with HBO & Showtime being the sole creators of "stars" in boxing as things stand. I don't think that has to be the only ones doing it doe. And when you got as much TV time as Haymon does I suspect it'd be hard for him to not have a couple stars within the next 18mos-2yrs.

Even if PBC has the bigger platform unless he's got guys with star quality he's not gonna make any stars. Guys like Thurman, Quillin, Leo, Wilder, Garcia etc..
      are never gonna become stars even if they KO 10 guys in a row, they're not charismatic and unless they beat a star, they will never be good enough in the eyes of the fans.
      I see PBC putting on about the same number of elite fighter quality shows as HBO does. They do about one a month, HBO does about one a month.

No question PBC needs to organize things a lil better than they do cuz with so many channels & so many fights it seems like they are having a lil bit of trouble hyping the big fights for big fights which HBO has no trouble doing. HBO has perfected that ****.

But basically I contend the bigger fights are happening & there are bound to be some stars built. Matter of fact if PBC doesn't elevate Artur Beterbiev to a star idk wtf they are doing cuz he's a guy who can be one of the faces of PBC just off his insane power regardless if he wins or loses big fights. They need to be making a show around this guy & getting him speaking English well (not sure if he speaks English or not tbh) & all the extra stuff that helps get guys mainstream.

Comment

• OK, how would you fix PBC? Let's play businessman.

Comment

• Originally posted by racer59 View Post
          They're pretty much a small regional shop. Of course he'd go to them. No way he gets the big boys to invest. You know, a real hedge fund. Somebody like Carl Icahn would laugh in his face.
          Oh please. Waddell and Reed has 125 billion under management. "Small regional shop" my arse..

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I didn't mention network TV. Merely TV in general. I wouldn't disagree with HBO & Showtime being the sole creators of "stars" in boxing as things stand. I don't think that has to be the only ones doing it doe. And when you got as much TV time as Haymon does I suspect it'd be hard for him to not have a couple stars within the next 18mos-2yrs.

I see PBC putting on about the same number of elite fighter quality shows as HBO does. They do about one a month, HBO does about one a month.

No question PBC needs to organize things a lil better than they do cuz with so many channels & so many fights it seems like they are having a lil bit of trouble hyping the big fights for big fights which HBO has no trouble doing. HBO has perfected that ****.

But basically I contend the bigger fights are happening & there are bound to be some stars built. Matter of fact if PBC doesn't elevate Artur Beterbiev to a star idk wtf they are doing cuz he's a guy who can be one of the faces of PBC just off his insane power regardless if he wins or loses big fights. They need to be making a show around this guy & getting him speaking English well (not sure if he speaks English or not tbh) & all the extra stuff that helps get guys mainstream.
            how can beterbiev become a star when he can't face the best fighters in his division? to become a star first and foremost you need to be the best. is there a single pbc fighter who is unanimously or widely regarded as the best in his division or ranked in pound-for-pound lists? pbc is like a league of consisting entirely of runners-up at the moment

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
              Oh please. Waddell and Reed has 125 billion under management. "Small regional shop" my arse..
              Oh you must be in the industry. Why don't you jump on your Bloomberg and do and IP on them. You'll see they have 81.9B

Now contrast that with a big shop, like Blackrock. Oh what's that, they have 2.2 T as in trillion.......

Comment

Oh you must be in the industry. Why don't you jump on your Bloomberg and do and IP on them. You'll see they have 81.9B

Now contrast that with a big shop, like Blackrock. Oh what's that, they have 2.2 T as in trillion.......
                Come on, dude. BlackRock is the gold standard.

Comment

Yeah the amount they manage ranks them outside of the top 100 in the world. I'd hardly call them a big player. They're not even top ten in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    how can beterbiev become a star when he can't face the best fighters in his division? to become a star first and foremost you need to be the best.
                    Idk that that is always the case. I think guys can become famous for many reasons. Having stupid power being one of them. Tyson got famous before he fought the best guys cuz of stupid power himself. Gatti got famous for fun fights. But if you don't see how a guy that can lite you up like Beterbiev can idk what to say to convince you.

is there a single pbc fighter who is unanimously or widely regarded as the best in his division or ranked in pound-for-pound lists?
                    I think most divisions are pretty disputable these days with all the champions to some degree so I'm sure there are a few PBC guys in the mix like that, but Erislandy Lara should be the #1 guy at 154lbs & seems to be by most people not still ranking Canelo at 154 despite his 155lb fights & MW title attempt coming up. I think a lot of people also have Stevenson over Kovalev due to beating Dawson even though most, myself included, feel like Kovalev should be #1. There is no debating PBC doesn't have the best roster doe I think we'd agree. Promoter contracts make it hard to just come into boxing & take **** over.

Comment

• Haymond knows what hes doing. He knew PBC was garbage, thats why he didnt use his money to fund it. PBC can fail and Haymond still wins. Haymond gets his cut everytime his guys fight. Whether or not PBC makes money is not his problem. He took these fights off of HBO/Showtime so he has more control, he gets more dates.

Comment

Working...
                      X