Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao says negotiations are underway for possible super-fight with Lomachenk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    How much weight would Pacquiao really be dropping though?

Maybe my eyes are throwing it off, Pacquiao at the scales physically looks like he could get down to 142/143lbs without any real issue, putting 140 in mind given some kind of diet.

Heading down to 135lbs would be real detrimental to Pacquiao, but he's small enough that I only really see "old man" problems coming in were he to try to get to 138/137lbs.

Then again, the max old guy cut would be easier to gauge if we knew what he walked into the ring at on fight night.

Hopkins was able to fight on for so long because he knew all the tricks to protect himself in the ring, while also being a maniac in preserving his body, but he was also a light heavyweight champion who never let his body get to even the mid 180s at any point in time.

Whatever the Horn ring weight was, less 8-10lbs, is likely it for Pacquiao at this point (in terms of what he should be willing to drop).
    I think losing any weight isn't a plus for Manny it's only a plus for Loma hence my position. And let's be real. Regardless if you thought Manny deserved the decision over Horn or not that fight was closer than it shoulda been and Horn ain't got sh^t on Loma.

And ultimately the higher the weight the more upside for Loma when he wins or less downside when he loses.

Comment

lol, seems arum plan to sell pac to boost loma popularity

Comment

People still believe what Pacquiao says?

Comment

people counting pacquiao out too soon. lomachenkos not superman lol, weight matters.

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
            There has been some talk of the possibility, no matter how small, of a fight between all-time great Manny Pacquiao and current and reigning pound-for-pound king Vasyl Lomachenko before – and there is more talk on the subject currently taking place. According to Pacquiao his team are discussing a fight between he and the current WBO 130 pound champion, and that the main obstacle to be overcome is weight, as in what weight the fight – really a modern day Dream Fight if ever there was one – would take place at.

“There are negotiations now about the number one pound for pound which is [Vasyl] Lomachenko,” Pacquiao said on a TV interview with ABS-CBN. “There are still talks on the weight, reducing the weight. You know, I miss boxing. I am okay.”

Anybody got some more info on this and Thoughts people....
            Great passing of the torch fight.

Because with the momentum he's got, Loma needs to keep putting names on the ledger and what bigger name?

Comment

I doubt it happens but I think it's a great fight if it does happen. Pacquiao is well past prime but 135 to 140 is his natural weight and he is still very dangerous at those weights. Even an old Pacquiao is a real test for any 135 to 140 pound boxer. He damn near killed Diaz and Hatton at 135 and 140 years ago.

Comment

Better than Horn rematch

Comment

Working...
                X