Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Floyd fighting Conor McGregor for 50 legitimate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Floyd fighting Conor McGregor for 50 legitimate?

Is this the last hurrah for Floyd to use his cherry pickin' expertise to turn boxing to a circus show? Or more like a WWE event which a sport shouldn't be taken seriously, but more of an event to be entertained?

Is this a way of showing his true colors on how he loves ripping gullible casuals and diehard supporters of their hard earned money?

Last, but not the least. If he wins against McGregor, will you recognize that as his 50th win knowing he fought an ametuer unranked MMA striker?

Sad..sad times indeed..

Floyd is single handedly turning our beloved sport into a circus show. Disrespecting a sport rich in heritage and turning it into a joke.

# Floyd in a nutshell. Cherry picking to the last drop. As if Berto wasn't enough. Smh
    No, off course not! this sport is no circus show!
    62.77%
    Yes, a win is a win. I love Floyd!
    9.57%
    I rather see him retire for good. He has done enough damage already.
    27.66%
    Last edited by Spoon23; 05-17-2016, 08:10 PM.

Many will vote No, "it's a circus show win and holds no legitmacy". But if Floyd somehow loses ahahaha. The legitamecy will appear. NSB I tell ya

Comment

Should the Patriots get credit for a win over a soccer team?

Comment

its about as legitimate as his fight vs the big show and his alleged 20 million pay day.

Comment

conor mcgregor not ranked at all in boxing.

and this fight is a joke unless mcgregor is allowed to use his karate skills. it should be real karate mma vs boxing. once and for all people will see how much superior mma karate is compared to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
            Many will vote No, "it's a circus show win and holds no legitmacy". But if Floyd somehow loses ahahaha. The legitamecy will appear. NSB I tell ya
            Of course... beating a Z level fighter doesn't count. But losing to a Z level fighter does count. There's no contradiction... but the fight won't happen and Floyd wouldn't lose.

Comment

Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
              it will be an embarrassment for the sport if floyd loses. i already think mma is far superior and more entertaining and respected than boxing. if mma fighter uses his karate skills to shut down floyd (like i expect) then it will once and for all show how mediocre and inferior boxing is. no one will take boxing serious if the supposed #1 best p4p boxer gets shutdown by a mediocre mma fighter (not even the best and is overrated).

mma >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> boxing
              Last edited by Divine Hammer; 05-17-2016, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                it will be an embarrassment for the sport if floyd loses. i already think mma is far superior and more entertaining and respected than boxing. if mma fighter uses his karate skills to shut down floyd (like i expect) then it will once and for all show how mediocre and inferior boxing is. no one will take boxing serious if the supposed #1 best p4p boxer gets shutdown by a mediocre mma fighter (not even the best and is overrated).

MMA isn't a martial art. It literally is just a proving ground for all Martial Arts(Boxing, Kickboxing, Wrestling, Brazilian jiu jitsu...etc).

Is being crossed trained in Boxing, Kickboxing, Wrestling, Brazilian jiu jitsu better in an open format fight than just being trained in Boxing? Obviously it is. Only dumbasses would think it's superior to know just Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post

If you believe this you are not a true boxing fan. Anderson Silva maybe one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time and he was KO'd in his very first boxing match. Boxers have gone into the cage fighting and had some success at the highest level in MMA but Mixed Martial Artist have never had success at the highest level in boxing.

Comment

If a boxing commission sanctions it I don't see why it wouldn't count as a legit boxing win. I mean RJJ just fought a MMA guy with no career boxing matches. There was talk of RJJ fighting Anderson Silva at one time (Silva does have 5 or 6 pro fights iirc, but to fight a HOFer is still a mismatch). And I also believe Jeff Lacy was going to fight Nick Diaz at one point. This has all been discussed before & never have I seen it mentioned that the fight shouldn't count towards the boxers pro record.

Can you criticize Floyd's record if he were to fight Conor? Absolutely. People criticize his record now lol. Why would anything change?

Personally I feel if this fight were to get made to reach max potential it'd need to be some hybrid type match. I'd speculate for example it'd be boxing rules with MMA gloves or something like that perhaps. I doubt that'd be agreed to with Mayweather's hand issues, but just throwing that out for example. And in that case this wouldn't even be an actual pro boxing match & like BKB fights wouldn't play into Floyd being 50-0.

Comment

Working...
                    X