Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: Golovkin Knows Pressure's On, Fierce Dog Waiting for Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
    ...last time I heard that line it was Error Spence on the receiving end.

He got his shot regardless and is champ today.

Charlo will get his shot at the champ whoever that champ is.

It never ends. The more legit you are the more contrived the excuses.
    He got his shot because he had earned his spot.
    Im not making excuses for GGG i would love to see this fight. I just think their is a cpl of fighters that are above Charlo in the pecking order and consideringhe is a high risk no reward fight i cant see it happening till charlo bringsmore to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by german12johnson View Post
      Boy y'all really hate that black guys win the most in boxing don't it
      My favorite fighters are black.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        it's not a matter of him being a threat or not, it's that he's literally done nothing at MW and has been calling golovkin out for years. for years he was doing it from 154 lbs. this is the same formula that haymon fighter erislandy lara had in regard to golovkin. lara's management would start to mention golovkin's name and call him a fighter who takes easy fights while he's got a fight lined up and signed. and then they'd head to PBC and fight even lesser competition than golovkin, who did fight his share of nobodies but also got to the p4p list and proved himself as one of the better boxers of the last 3-4 years along the way.

i think charlo is a good fighter and a solid fight for golovkin, but i don't take seriously anybody who doesn't recognize that he did most of his talking from 154 lbs and that he needs to get in line behind BJ saunders, who can really fight and is proven.

golovkin vs saunders is the fight at 160 if golovkin can get by canelo. i'd also be ok with a jacobs rematch. or another canelo fight if he does well and the fight sells as well as is expected.

you just have to shut up and admit that these are much more worthy challengers, or deal with me calling you a fanboy. charlo is more than welcome to do what he's doing, and trying to get in line for a title shot, but the people who thought these guys [lara, both charlos,] who called golovkin out while campaigning and defending 154 lb titles are being ducked are just fanboys. that's reality.
        This, I'm glad he called himself a dog because that's all barking doe.

Golovkin vs Charlo would be a solid fight.

But any person with a brain know GGG will fight Canelo for a third time or Saunders then Jacobs would come as the third option.

Charlo is the 4th best option for Golovkin, he isn't getting a fight ala Shanon Briggs doe.

He better focus on Andrade, Saunders or Murata and build a legacy instead of begging for a payday that won't come.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          it's not a matter of him being a threat or not, it's that he's literally done nothing at MW and has been calling golovkin out for years. for years he was doing it from 154 lbs. this is the same formula that haymon fighter erislandy lara had in regard to golovkin. lara's management would start to mention golovkin's name and call him a fighter who takes easy fights while he's got a fight lined up and signed. and then they'd head to PBC and fight even lesser competition than golovkin, who did fight his share of nobodies but also got to the p4p list and proved himself as one of the better boxers of the last 3-4 years along the way.

i think charlo is a good fighter and a solid fight for golovkin, but i don't take seriously anybody who doesn't recognize that he did most of his talking from 154 lbs and that he needs to get in line behind BJ saunders, who can really fight and is proven.

golovkin vs saunders is the fight at 160 if golovkin can get by canelo. i'd also be ok with a jacobs rematch. or another canelo fight if he does well and the fight sells as well as is expected.

you just have to shut up and admit that these are much more worthy challengers, or deal with me calling you a fanboy. charlo is more than welcome to do what he's doing, and trying to get in line for a title shot, but the people who thought these guys [lara, both charlos,] who called golovkin out while campaigning and defending 154 lb titles are being ducked are just fanboys. that's reality.
          He's done nothing at middleweight...except become the mandatory to the WBC belt.

So like it or not the WBC champion will have to see him. Either that or just drop the belt and let Charlo have it outright.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post
            Names Golovkin fought when he was 26-0

Fuchigami
            Proska
            Rosado
            Lajuan Simon
            Nunez
            Ishida.

Who Golovkin fought for the interim WBA title:

Milton Nunez.

Who Golovkin fought for a WBA world title:

Nilson Julio Tapia ranked outside the top 20 of the division.

Who Charlo fought at 26-0:

Julian Williams #3
            K9 Bundrage
            Austin Trout #9
            Heiland WBC #1

Who Charlo is fighting for a interim title:

Centeno Jr who knocked out the WBC #4 Aleem.

Who Charlo is going to be fighting for a world title:

Golovkin/Canelo.

28 fights in and that’s much more impressive than anyone Golovkin fought with the same amount of fights.

And oh yh BTW, Charlo plans to earn it by winning a middleweight title against the best instead of against someone virtually unknown like Tapia.
            Proksa was rated #9
            http://archive.is/P4U9V

Tapia was ranked #4 by the WBA at the time.
            https://ringside24.com/en/21008-weig...lson-tapia-159
            Tapia beat Heiland, winning almost every round. Heiland had two functioning legs in the fight.

Fuchigami was ranked #9 by WBA
            https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin...ov-wins--52797

Simon was ranked 12 and 13th
            http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Ken/Hissner112908.htm

Nunez was ranked 13th
            http://archive.is/gFAo

Comment

charlies skills are so limited that his promoter literally matched him against a cripple in his debut at 160 now after that 1 "fight" he's the number one contender some is stinking here BJS would outslick this fraud and show him to be nothing more than a plodding stumblebum

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                can beat up all the bums you want, youre never getting a shot
                LMAO....Not just abel but lil g fans SHOOK too....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                  Is this guy ducking Jacobs?

Jacobs said he'll go after Charlo, and everyone else.
                  Pay attention please. Jacobs went the hbo route to get a Nelo payday or a rematch with lil g, that's what Jacobs wants not Jermall. Jermall said Jacobs will be back so you know that fight will happen after lil g gets disposed of.

Comment

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
                    This guy is like the least relevant contender in the whole division. BJS,Jacobs are all fights that will happen before charlo.
                    You can say whatever you want but the FACT still remains that he IS the MANDATORY.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                      Charlo's can fùck off and fight somebody with a pulse. This ain't the ghetto where you get free Obama phones, free rent, free food, free this and free that. You got to EARN THIS my man.

Two recognizable names in 26 fights and one is a crusty áss old dog from The Pretender (K9).

Look at who Floyd fought at 26 wins.
                      1. Jesus Chavez
                      2. Diego Corrales
                      3. Emanuel Augustus
                      4. Angel Manfredy
                      5. Genaro Hernandez

Charlo needs to fight Andrade and quit dodging a real challenge. Get some real wins and make some dang noise. Until then, shut the fùck up.
                      Another lil g fan SHOOK.....LMMFAO....you guys are SWEATING & cant hide it....LOL #Lions Only!

Comment

Working...
                      X