Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If Joshua, Miller Win, They'll Fight in August at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's a trick. WBA won't let Joshua to fight with someone else exept Povetkin (or Wilder of course). Takam was instead Pulev and it was the mandatory defence of IBF titel. Now it's WBA's time. Why does Povetkin go to England? He goes to show himself to englishmen. It's a part of the promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      I ****ing knew Hearn would push Wilder-Joshua for the end of th year. I want to see Joshua live, so I'm going to Barclay's for this one.
      Originally posted by Badboy9 View Post
      is anyone wondering why hearn isn't mentioning Wilder?
      Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I think breaking Joshua's US cherry should happen before a fight with Wilder. My assumption is this would be that fight. Get some more US fans feeling Joshua.

Would be even better if they could argue to some show together or at very least have them fighting the same weekend or on the same day in the afternoon & night or something maybe. Anything to get people talking about both in the same breath would be good.
      AJ vs Miller will be on HBO. I already see the BS coming

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
        Miller would never ask for 50-50.. He knows he's no big star so no need to ask people if they know him, Miller himself will admit he isn't the A side.
        So that was a negotiating tactic? Polling random people on the streets?

We've seen so many good fights linger on because egos get in the way. I could care less about 50/50. Fighting Miller in Brooklyn won't make the Wilder fight one bit more or less interesting. It would a step back for Joshua in my opinion.

Comment

Parker will beat AJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJS View Post
            Parker will beat AJ
            A funny story

Comment

They’re trolling Wilder so hard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                AJ vs Miller will be on HBO. I already see the BS coming
                Yea that's been written on the wall for awhile now. I was just wondering when that Showtime matching deal was up. Now that it soon will be HBO is the favorite to get him or Showtime will need to write him a nice check.

I'm not in the camp that believes it means it's impossible to make Joshua vs Wilder doe if he ends up with HBO. The reality is Wilder is the B side and as such will need to bend in more than one way to make this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                  So that was a negotiating tactic? Polling random people on the streets?

We've seen so many good fights linger on because egos get in the way. I could care less about 50/50. Fighting Miller in Brooklyn won't make the Wilder fight one bit more or less interesting. It would a step back for Joshua in my opinion.
                  Fair enough.. Wilder asked for 50-50 as a negotiation tactic and Hearn checked him by asking random people in New York if they knew Wilder weeks before he was due to fight in New York.. No one knew him. That was Hearn’s way of negotiating that Wilder can does not deserve 50%.. But fact is if Hearn asked those people if they know AJ none of them would know AJ too.

I hope the fight happens next but boxing is a business and they will try to maximize their business. If AJ fights in the US against a American fighter especially a big talker like Miller, AJ’s profile will instantly be risen. And if Wilder fights Whyte (whose another big talker) in the UK.. Wilder becomes a instant star in the UK which makes AJ vs Wilder much bigger. Miller and Whyte are easier fights than Ortiz and Parker.. easy way to build their profile to lead up to a unification.

Comment

What?! Nobody gives a **** about this fight. Fight Povetkin.

Comment

I'm a fan of Big Baby, but how is this not ducking Wilder?

Especially if AJ is going to fight in Brooklyn.

Comment

Working...
                      X