Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Where Does Roy Jones Belong On The List Of Greatest Boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No amount of losses change what he did or take away what he achieved. Why would they tarnish anything? Did losses to Williams and McBride tarnish Tysons legacy? No.

RJJ is easily one of the greatest boxers ever. In his prime quite possibly THE goat.

Comment

Stop with the damn lists already, leave that **** to the autistic folks out there.

Comment

Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
        On point......
        I understand where you guys are coming from. SRR is a sad case as he did fight for money reasons we all know in those years boxers weren't making money like today, and the mafia was in complete control and sadly that tarnishes his record.

SRR only had 3 losses first was prime Duran and SRR after losing to Camacho and Norris knew it was time to quit and walked away which then does not tarnish his record like RJJ with ridiculous amounts of losses to below par fighters. Same as Ali after losing to Holmes and Berbick he walked away.

Tyson had the chance to be the Greatest Heavyweight of all time again out of the ring antics and not knowing when to walk away put and end to that.

Calzaghe was honest enough to quit when he felt he was declining for the sake of his record. Pacman is another who does not know when to quit. I agree a prime RJJ is one of the best but the ATG is compiled at the end of your career. I have no problem if you think his an ATG or BTE it all depends how you look at it.

Comment

I would rate him as a middle and super middle as TBE at those weights. As a light heavyweight I would go with in the top 5 off all time.
          His step n half upper hook was delivered with precision and venom.
          I would struggle to pick a dull performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
            Ray Robinson repeatedly came back to boxing as he was struggling to pay the bills in his later years and took unnecessary losses. Leonard also missed the spotlight and came back to take losses again against sub par competition.

So by that definition, RJJ, SRR and SRL are not all time greats.
            And Mike Tyson, too.

Comment

he is up there as one of the greatest fighters ever, dude had reflexes like a cat.
              Last edited by kingstip9; 02-10-2018, 04:39 AM.

Comment

pre tarver absolute number 1 {one}

Comment

In my book the best Middleweight was Marvelous Marvin Hagler and 1A is RJJR

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
                    I would rate him as a middle and super middle as TBE at those weights. As a light heavyweight I would go with in the top 5 off all time.
                    His step n half upper hook was delivered with precision and venom.
                    I would struggle to pick a dull performance.
                    RJJ had 19 fights at middleweight, where 18 of them were against nobodies.

Comment

He's the P4P goat, because he started at 154 and won the Heavyweight Championship. PLUS you dont judge people in any sport by when they were past there prime. So the only GOAT is TBE if you wanna judge entire careers, he beat more champs, made more money (this is prize fighting), and in the PPV era he's top 4 the ENTIRE TOP 4. So its either Roy or Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X