Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Mayweather is TBE? Never Came Close To What I Did!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ is my fave but his problem is that he has two different careers, and that second career is pretty long, it's the career of a journeyman. RJ has 14 years fighting as a journeyman, and 14 years fighting as a rookie/prime fighter. So he has given viewers the same amount of years as a journeyman who gets KO'ed constantly as he did as a young fighter who looked like the best fighter to ever live. 28 year career and 50% of it was him being a journeyman.

Comment

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
      in the era of endless belts how impressive is that really in context? .. if the sport was flooded with belts during sugar ray robinson era he would have maybe 70 "world champions" on his resume. i mean look at broner, a "4 time world champ" lol you think that undisciplined mofo would have even 1 belt during the 80's? doubt it. another example is matthysse. hes now a "world champion" after beating a bum with a padded record. a belt the WBA created from thin air. "super" and "regular". point is being "world champion" doesnt carry the same clout it used to.

and what i mean by "dominant" is that there was never any stretch in floyds career where i wouldve picked him to beat leonard, hearns, chavez, duran, pryor, robinson or winky wright. . but there was a long stretch in roy's career where I would've favored him to beat anybody in boxing history. thats what i mean by "dominant". you give me the best version of floyd and put him against the best version of duran at 135 and im picking duran by destruction. thats my point.

and u say floyd has more "quality opponents" than anyone in history? sugar ray beat prime hearns, prime hagler, prime duran and prime benitez. give me four wins on floyds resume that are better "quality" than that.
      You have a good argument with belts....Ray lost to duran & did not beat Hagler. Duran lost when he fought good fighters except the first fight with Ray, he lost to all the good fighters after that. Now how many good fighters did Ray fight? How many did Hagler fight? How many did duran fight? How many did benitez fight & win? Just look at Floyd's resume, it aint even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        so, becasue he fought on in his 40s to get beat up defenceless by calzaghe enzo etc, then you think he never really won titles from MW to HW?
        When did I say that?

Comment

• Funny thing is, Floyd followed Roy’s blueprint. Path of least resistance in the second half of your career.

Comment

• What did you do Roy? Tony was the man in your day, Hutton was the man also. You outpointed Hopkins, Floyd got SMW belt schooling Canelo, talk Ruiz-talk PAC ...are you trying to get a sweepstake Roy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blkseez View Post
              Floyd made more money than Roy but he ain't on Roy Jones level.
              Right, he's on Floyd Mayweather level....T.B.E.

Comment

• You are right Roy...MAyweather didn't do what you did....get on the highlight reel end of KO losses frequently. Yes you moved all the way up to HW, but fought the very average John Ruiz while roiding up....IF he beat a real HW he could brag,but he beat the worst HW champ that there has ever been (aside from Charles Martin!),who had little power and was a cherry pick even if you are moving up... in the meantime, Roy will always be remembered as the guy who never mixed it up with other dudes around his era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigar View Post
                  Aren't you the same loser who posts on this website 3000 times a day?
                  Coming from someone on this website also posting & still cant box....LMAO!

I'm just messing with you cuz its too easy messing around with people here sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJS View Post
                    Is it all new Boxing fans on this site? Jones Jr was ****ing incredible and the best fighter in the world for nearly a DECADE. Dropping from Heavyweight completely ruined his body, he was a shell of himself after that. But I guess most on here don't know that because THEY DIDN'T WATCH BOXING THEN.
                    Getting off those PED's does make you drop hard....I watched Roy in his day & I thought he was untouchable but he got touched. Floyd is T.B.E.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      meh, nobody will talk about roy fighting for too long in 50 years. they'll talk about the dude who threw three left hooks at once, and won world titles from MW to HW.

losses, especially in your late 30's or 40's, shouldn't take away from what you accomplished. and they don't. losing doesn't take a win away.
                      Only if your Floyd Mayweather then one loss will wipe out your WHOLE career.

Floyd didn't lose in his teens, 20's or 30's....T.B.E.

Comment

Working...
                      X