Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: Exposing Joshua's Glass Jaw Got Us The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtyApe View Post
    But he's going to get a belt if he wins how is that bad? Said belt would then end up having him being able to get much more which you fail you fail to see. Especially if he goes on to also beat Wilder then he can demand what ever he wants.

I said by your standard that would also make Aj a coward to considering he said he does it for the love not the money. And was almost un willing to negotiate. But it was the money holding up the fight being made.

Your the deluded one, you can't have it one way for one boxer and then another way for the other boxer. And parker came in with a realistic view and knew that asking for 50 50 was mad. Hence why they didn't do that.

Seems to you that those who negotiate are cowards making Aj one to lol good day
    A belt doesn't decide what you're worth though. And no, AJ isn't going to get more people paying PPV because he has another title. People pay to watch him fight due to him being exciting, not because he'll have 3 major titles.

Who cares if AJ said he does it for the love of the sport. He still should get his fair share of the money considering he generates most of it.

No matter which way you want to cut it up, Parker isn't worth that kind of money. He'll go back to what he's worth after this fight, which will be peanuts in comparison. And it will be that way because Parker just doesn't generate that type of money.

Negotiating is fine, but when you ask for an amount that is clearly unreasonable, you're a coward. Parker wouldn't fight unless he got it. Simple.

Anyway, i'm bored of you now so lets leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      A belt doesn't decide what you're worth though. And no, AJ isn't going to get more people paying PPV because he has another title. People pay to watch him fight due to him being exciting, not because he'll have 3 major titles.

Who cares if AJ said he does it for the love of the sport. He still should get his fair share of the money considering he generates most of it.

No matter which way you want to cut it up, Parker isn't worth that kind of money. He'll go back to what he's worth after this fight, which will be peanuts in comparison. And it will be that way because Parker just doesn't generate that type of money.

Negotiating is fine, but when you ask for an amount that is clearly unreasonable, you're a coward. Parker wouldn't fight unless he got it. Simple.

Anyway, i'm bored of you now so lets leave it at that.
      Because parker wasn't born on an island with as many people as the uk duh lol what do you mean who cares? The exact point of your arguement is that Parker is a coward for wanting more money yet Aj is not a coward for wanting more money? Even after he supposedly said he does not care about it lol Do you see where your logic fails? Parker knew thhat 50 50 was unreasonable hence he never tried to push thhat amount.

It wasn't that unreasonable because he got what he was after, in fact it probably took more balls to say nah I won't fight you for that much I want this much knowing your not the A side. so not a coward at all lol

Well when you keep getting turned on your head with that weird logic of yours of course I'd get bored to fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
        It's called leverage, dude. I don't know how many negotiations you've been in, but it's probably the first thing worth learning.

Hearn and Joshua could have walked away if they didn't want to pay $12mil. They didn't, they paid up - because they want the fight. Parker is worth whatever someone is willing to pay to get him - if he wasn't worth it, they wouldn't be paying him what he wanted. That's pretty ****ing simple.

If I'm selling a book that someone wants, and they say I'll give you $8, but I want $12 - if that book isn't worth $12 to them, they wouldn't pay it. If it is, they will. Hearn and Joshua paid up because that's what this fight is worth to them.

Again, I'd like to see you walk away from an extra $4mil when it's sitting there on the bargaining table. Would you?
        I agree mate, Sid really seems to have a hard time understanding free market economics

As you say, in a negotiation your worth is what someone is willing to pay at that moment in time It is actually irrelevant as to what Parker has made in the past or what Parker will make in the future. Due to his holding a belt, being undefeated and the fact that Joshua was under pressure to make a big fight it turned out he is worth 12 million dollars at this particular time in the market. Eddie Hearn is strictly incorrect when he says he is over paying Parker, what he SHOULD be saying is that he is paying Parker more than he wants to, which is simply down to good tough negotiations from Parker’s team.

If Parker was asking for say 20 million Eddie Hearn would look at the PPV, ticket sales, Joshua’s cut and probably say, “sorry I can’t afford that, you are pricing yourself out of this fight.” The fact that Hearn has looked at all the revenue and costs and is still willing to pay Parker 12 million tells me that in fact Parker’s team have priced themselves correctly. They must’ve done as they have a signed contract as proof, LOL.

SID though believes Parker should leave a staggering 4 million bucks on the table just to prove he’s not a coward or some such thing. You certainly wouldn’t want him negotiating your next pay rise, hahaha

Comment

Why didn’t they bring this up when he was the ibf mandatory I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
            Hearn and Higgins are going hard trying to sell this fight, Joshua hasn't it in him to sell a fight at all dude has absolutely zero charisma and is about the least interesting champion ever. Parker is too nice and all smiles good job he has a promoter like Higgins to get him fights like this.
            zero charisma ? that's quite a reach, you ever see him on graham norton ? hes pretty charismatic for a boxer... i cant even think of an active boxer that has charisma off the top of my head...tyson fury maybe lol he's about the only boxer that has any personality ..whens the last time you seen an interesting press conference lol

Comment

Hearn and Higgins are going hard trying to sell this fight, Joshua hasn't it in him to sell a fight at all dude has absolutely zero charisma and is about the least interesting champion ever. Parker is too nice and all smiles good job he has a promoter like Higgins to get him fights like this.
              You're kidding I hope

The guy literally sells 70k ticket in one day and has sold out the O2 in 1 fuking minute before.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                You're kidding I hope

The guy literally sells 70k ticket in one day and has sold out the O2 in 1 fuking minute before.
                Through his performances against very finely picked opposition yes, a great trait to have but you have to give Matchroom and Sky with their dedicated sports news channel most of credit. It’s not like they’re warming to AJ’s personality is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post
                  zero charisma ? that's quite a reach, you ever see him on graham norton ? hes pretty charismatic for a boxer... i cant even think of an active boxer that has charisma off the top of my head...tyson fury maybe lol he's about the only boxer that has any personality ..whens the last time you seen an interesting press conference lol
                  Yeh I always like Klitschko tbh and felt he was charismatic I get a lot of fan are turned off by intelligent boxers and prefer someone like the doping steroid cheat Tyson Fury.

Comment

Yeh I always like Klitschko tbh and felt he was charismatic I get a lot of fan are turned off by intelligent boxers and prefer someone like the doping steroid cheat Tyson Fury.
                    intelligence doesn't really equal charisma, nor do steroids take away from charisma lol maybe you should look up the definition of charisma

but i can agree, klitchsko does have a bit of charisma

Comment

also bro there is negative and positive charisma
                      example charles manson, hitler, castro, MLK, malcolm X are all regarded as charismatic..but not all on the same spectrum ...feel me?

just like klitchsko/fury

Comment

Working...
                      X