Oscar Nominations Are Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guillermo Del Toro is taking the gold!

Comment

Won't be watching. Don't care. I probably won't be seeing any of the movies anytime soon but I know I will watch some of them in the future and be impressed.

Comment

I got ''Vodka, Monks, & American Judges'' Directed by Virgil Hunter for best documentary

Redd Foxx

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
          I got ''Vodka, Monks, & American Judges'' Directed by Virgil Hunter for best documentary

Redd Foxx

Comment

I've only seen 'Get Out' and 'Dunkirk' from the movie list. Both were good, not oscar worthy though i don't think.

I've taken an interest in the nominees and winners over the years, i can't watch it though as it's too cheesy.
            I saw a bit of the golden globes and cringed at them all acting phoney when Oprah was giving her speech and the camera passed them by.
            Meryl Streep will be front and centre in regards to whats been happening in Hollywood recently and everyone will forget she's been close friends with guys like Weinstein and Polanski for years.

The bookies seem to have Guillermo Del Toro as a likely winner. I tend to enjoy his films.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              I've only seen 'Get Out' and 'Dunkirk' from the movie list. Both were good, not oscar worthy though i don't think.

I've taken an interest in the nominees and winners over the years, i can't watch it though as it's too cheesy.
              I saw a bit of the golden globes and cringed at them all acting phoney when Oprah was giving her speech and the camera passed them by.
              Meryl Streep will be front and centre in regards to whats been happening in Hollywood recently and everyone will forget she's been close friends with guys like Weinstein and Polanski for years.

The bookies seem to have Guillermo Del Toro as a likely winner. I tend to enjoy his films.
              get out was fairly entertaining and unexpected from peele. well done to him but def not oscar worthy. thats the only movie on the list ive seen. something about dunkirk didnt grab me and im a nolan fan and i like war flicks

as for GDT, meh. much ado imho.

mimic was ok and pans was exceptional. imho, he either over does it or is boring AF in his other movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                get out was fairly entertaining and unexpected from peele. well done to him but def not oscar worthy. thats the only movie on the list ive seen. something about dunkirk didnt grab me and im a nolan fan and i like war flicks

as for GDT, meh. much ado imho.

mimic was ok and pans was exceptional. imho, he either over does it or is boring AF in his other movies.
                Look at Elroy talking about other stuff.

Oh yeah. You are communicating with memes nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  The entire ceremony will be overshadowed by the celebrity activism and Trump bashing. Just like Golden Globes. No one talked about Oldman being the winner, it was all about black dresses and rallying around Oprah. Another self-congratulatory event for snowflakes, narcissists and attention-wh@res. On that note, I hope Oldman wins again, great actor.

I do agree that the pedo-movie will likely win some awards, but Hollywood is already shunning James Franco, so I wonder if he will even make an appearance. Love to see them eat one another alive. Which pretentious Hollywood knob-gobbler will be hosting the awards this year?
                  i agree with the bold, lol

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Look at Elroy talking about other stuff.

Oh yeah. You are communicating with memes nowadays

if i hadnt mentioned get out or jordan peele, i wouldnt be reading your racist ass comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      I haven't seen Call me by your name, is it any good? It has good reviews.

I can tolerate the gay shyt as long as the movie is good. Brokeback Mountain for example was gay af, but it was still a decent movie.
                      It's pretty artsy fartsy but a good flick no doubt. Good performance by the two gay boys.

Comment

Working...
                      X