Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give it up to Peterson. He NEVER stopped fighting.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    My ladyfriend was dragging me to some fancy Thai place that closed at 11, we don't like to be jerks that show up right before close, so I said "Okay I'll watch like 3 rounds to see what kinda fight it is. If it's some serious back and forth I might have to watch, but if it's a beating or early KO we'll split."

She was sitting in the car scowling at me while I stood in the doorway watching until halfway through round four. It was obvious who was going to win, but it was still a hell of a sight to see. THOSE BODYSHOTS.

About to go watch the whole fight on replay.
    I wouldn't want to be on the end of those, that's for sure.

Comment

My ladyfriend was dragging me to some fancy Thai place that closed at 11, we don't like to be jerks that show up right before close, so I said "Okay I'll watch like 3 rounds to see what kinda fight it is. If it's some serious back and forth I might have to watch, but if it's a beating or early KO we'll split."

She was sitting in the car scowling at me while I stood in the doorway watching until halfway through round four. It was obvious who was going to win, but it was still a hell of a sight to see. THOSE BODYSHOTS.

About to go watch the whole fight on replay.
      Those bodyshots were killer bruh. You got the right idea, I might do the same till the games come on at 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
        Those bodyshots were killer bruh. You got the right idea, I might do the same till the games come on at 2.
        Just finished up... Lamont sure gave the people their moneys worth, didn't he??

I understand Ray's position, but I don't look at things black and white like that. Lamont got up from that KD and turned that **** into two rounds of fire. I loved that ****.

Kinda makes me think of Ortiz-Berto 2. People were trashing Ortiz so bad for.. whatever that was.. at the end of the fight (He kinda let himself get counted out and then the ref tried to let it continue?), but I was like.... Did you see that ****ing shot Berto had hit Ortiz with earlier in the fight??? And Ortiz got up from it and started throwing bombs??? You're going to tear a guy down for knowing he's done? Not happy until he ends up like Abdusalamov?

Anyway, I've got to give it up to Peterson. Dude could have come for the check. He did no such thing.

Comment

Steroids will do that - gives a man false confidence.

Comment

Just finished up... Lamont sure gave the people their moneys worth, didn't he??

I understand Ray's position, but I don't look at things black and white like that. Lamont got up from that KD and turned that **** into two rounds of fire. I loved that ****.

Kinda makes me think of Ortiz-Berto 2. People were trashing Ortiz so bad for.. whatever that was.. at the end of the fight (He kinda let himself get counted out and then the ref tried to let it continue?), but I was like.... Did you see that ****ing shot Berto had hit Ortiz with earlier in the fight??? And Ortiz got up from it and started throwing bombs??? You're going to tear a guy down for knowing he's done? Not happy until he ends up like Abdusalamov?

Anyway, I've got to give it up to Peterson. Dude could have come for the check. He did no such thing.
            EXACTLY!!!!!!! I done hit you with the greenz already, but damn if I don't want to green the sheit outta this post here Paul my man.

I just don't see how anyone could have anything bad to say about lamont before last night, and now even more so AFTER last night.

Dude put his entire life on the line for us last night. But of course you're gonna get some idiot in here that says "He didn't do it for the fans, he did it for himself" or some ol dlck in the booty as$ sheit like that there.

Comment

I understand your stance, but feel as though a poster of your high caliber would comport himself in a more gentlemanly fashion for someone who just showed as much heart as Mr. Peterson did.

Alas, I doubt my disappointment makes any difference at all in your view of Lamont; or how you continue to express it from here on out. I appreciate your time. Good day sir.

I understand you and respect the way you came at me. And I take that on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                No mas is no mas plonker. Study up idiot... Pederson quit deal with it.
                This is extremely inaccurate Ray. I've always considered you to be a knowledgeable, fair, an level headed poster. But this statement is just completely uncalled for IMHO for such a warrior of a fighter.

Lamont did not quit. He did indeed know that he was bested. But he knew that from rd 3 onward. Peterson's corner stopped it albeit far later than they should have(again IMHO).

I recall screaming at the TV for about 2 rds for Barry to stop the gotdamn fight. Lamont was gonna die in that ring, and Errol was trying not to KILL his FRIEND in that ring.

Lets have some respect for Lamont "ALL HEART" Peterson.
                Basically. I have no choice but to call someone an idiot when they turn into clueless, drivileng keyboard warriors.

And what does he do, he comes back as emotionally shackled as he was when made the first comment. Being tugged along like some female.
                Last edited by SplitSecond; 01-21-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Basically. I have no choice but to call someone an idiot when they turn into clueless, drivileng keyboard warriors.

And what does he do, he comes back as emotionally shackled as he was when made the first comment. Being tugged along like some female.
                  So it’s ok for you to verbally throw abuse around because their opinion isn’t the same as you carry? I carry a different values to you. That’s me, because I see him as a drug cheat and a quitter you went ahead and attacked me.

Take a note from the poster that you quote above, he had a different opinion to me but he went about lecturing me in an adult manner. And I respect him for that. You think throwing insults at me make you some type of warrior? Nope, my opinion still stands. Deal with it idiot.

Comment

So it’s ok for you to verbally throw abuse around because their opinion isn’t the same as you carry? I carry a different values to you. That’s me, because I see him as a drug cheat and a quitter you went ahead and attacked me.
                    Ok so, I've been meaning to ask. You said you don't like drug cheats and you hold the cloud over Peterson. No problem, that's your opinion and you're entitled.

But, are you just saying you don't like guys that get caught?

Because I don't know if you were aware...

You've got Devon Alexander in your avi. Alexander is on record for abusing opioids, a known painkiller.

Chris Leben was busted and suspended after UFC 138 in 2011 for painkillers - opioids.

Chris Leben then got a TUE for opioids before UFC 162 in 2013. Ultimately, he disclosed the need and got doctor's input on it.

Regardless, Chris Leben once abused - and got busted for - the same drugs that Devon Alexander was abusing but didn't get busted for.

Lamont Peterson got busted because he forgot that he got the pellet injected in his ass by a licensed doctor for a valid reason - his T-level was dangerously low. This is all documented. He forgot. It's on him. Numerous people in the industry have come out criticizing his camp for not protecting him and making sure they disclose everything to prevent him getting busted because ultimately, what he was injected with made no difference in performance.

So, I ask and I'm serious with the question: are you saying you just don't like guys that get caught? Or are you just targeting Lamont Peterson for some reason?

Comment

Take a note from the poster that you quote above, he had a different opinion to me but he went about lecturing me in an adult manner. And I respect him for that. You think throwing insults at me make you some type of warrior? Nope, my opinion still stands. Deal with it idiot.
                      I've always thought you're a solid poster, but in this case here it's pretty obvious that you're just fueled with emotion. We get it, you hate Peterson because he was caught with PEDS.

Comment

Working...
                      X