Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was better, Sugar Ray Leonard or Roy Jones Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IronDanHamza
    BoxingScene "Icon"........................only in your mind sonny.

Worked pads with Tyson when he was on my Region One team in 81'.

I hesitated to show this last year but here is me at the Olympic Center working the corner with Teddy Atlas in the finals. google.." Mike Tyson KOs Joe Cortez 1981 Jr Olympics Amateur Boxing"! I'm in a gold & black suit Ring One BC on the front and the back of the jacket reads "Ray Corso".

Now shut the fu@& up with the insults azzhole.

Ray Corso
    Last edited by Ray Corso; 01-01-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      IronDanHamza
      BoxingScene "Icon"........................only in your mind sonny.

Worked pads with Tyson when he was on my Region One team in 81'.

I hesitated to show this last year but here is me at the Olympic Center working the corner with Teddy Atlas in the finals. google.." Mike Tyson KOs Joe Cortez 1981 Jr Olympics Amateur Boxing"! I'm in a gold & black suit Ring One BC on the front and the back of the jacket reads "Ray Corso".

Now shut the fu@& up with the insults azzhole.

Ray Corso
      Yes you've showed us this "gold and black suit" **** before.

Don't give a **** about it.

You can't even grasp a simple concept that two fighters who have the same height and reach can be completely different size.

You are clueless.

Comment

Can't handle the truth sonny?
        I proved I was the Region coach through Scully, I showed sports page articles about the tourney. My son was on the same teams with Mike.

It proves what I stated and what you state is your opinion based on NOTHING.
        You know nothing about the sport and have no experience at any level. Your4 just another punk bitc& who can't even admit your wrong when your confronted with the facts.
        You can join the other morons on ignore. Grow up kid.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Can't handle the truth sonny?
          I proved I was the Region coach through Scully, I showed sports page articles about the tourney. My son was on the same teams with Mike.

It proves what I stated and what you state is your opinion based on NOTHING.
          You know nothing about the sport and have no experience at any level. Your4 just another punk bitc& who can't even admit your wrong when your confronted with the facts.
          You can join the other morons on ignore. Grow up kid.

Ray
          You're a proven liar so I take anything you say with a pinch of salt.

One thing I do know is you are clueless when it comes to Boxing.

Roy Jones and Ray Robinson the same size? Get a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
            Leonard - Had SRL been a natural middleweight he would have taken Jones to school; as one of the posts above argues, Jones was depended on his amazing hand speed, but even there he was only slightly faster than Leonard - In all other aspects of the game, technique, power, and chin, Leonard was superior . . .

. . . and I am a Duran fan so I hate saying this.

P.S. As a real match-up with both fighters at their best weight (at catch weight and not P4P) Jones would have proved too big, too powerful for Leonard and would have beaten him. Leonard would not have been able to do to Jones what he did to Hagler.

Which then begs the question: Hagler-Jones Jr. ???
            Jones wouldn't have proven too big for SRL. SRL had a middleweight fight in his prime that people forget - he was tricked to get into the ring with Marcos Geraldo a good middleweight who gave Hagler plenty of trouble and was the one credited to damaging SRL's eye originally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-XQrYK4kaI

To me this SRL looks deadly and savage, and Geraldo is bigger than Jones. Jones is SRL's height only a bit more muscled, but tbh his frame doesn't seem any bigger, his head was small. It would be a tight fight but SRL is a great fighter who wouldn't sit around masturbating like most of Jones oponents.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              You're a proven liar so I take anything you say with a pinch of salt.

One thing I do know is you are clueless when it comes to Boxing.

Roy Jones and Ray Robinson the same size? Get a clue.
              Roy and Ray are the same size lol, if anything Ray was bigger. Robinson fought all the way to LHW, but you have to take into account how they trained. Roy was hitting the weights, he's wasn't really a bigger man and never showed this physical strength above 160. A lot of you fans don't really understand how little weight plays a role when it comes to power and strength. These things are different attributes.

Ray Fought in a time when he was running up hills for miles and keeping weight off of him. Old fighters had great stamina and didn't have inflated chests and enlarged muscle groups that only look good for the TV. They were strong from hard work and real world conditioning.
              Last edited by them_apples; 01-01-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                Roy and Ray are the same size lol, if anything Ray was bigger. Robinson fought all the way to LHW, but you have to take into account how they trained. Roy was hitting the weights, he's wasn't really a bigger man and never showed this physical strength above 160. A lot of you fans don't really understand how little weight plays a role when it comes to power and strength. These things are different attributes.

Ray Fought in a time when he was running up hills for miles and keeping weight off of him. Old fighters had great stamina and didn't have inflated chests and enlarged muscle groups that only look good for the TV. They were strong from hard work and real world conditioning.

When Ray Robinson fought "all the way up to LHW" he didn't even weigh in at the Middleweight limit.

Ray Robinson maxed out as a Middleweight and at his biggest was the same size Roy Jones was when he was a 21 year old kid.

Ridiculous notion to consider them the same size, Ray Robinson bigger? What?!?!?!

Comment

There goes your credibility. Next you will tell us Sandy Saddler was bigger than Marciano. The truth of your second paragraph does not justify the falsity of your first.

Wake up, boy, all you have to do is look at Robinson's reed-thin legs to see plainly that he was a smaller man than Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                    There goes your credibility. Next you will tell us Sandy Saddler was bigger than Marciano. The truth of your second paragraph does not justify the falsity of your first.

Wake up, boy, all you have to do is look at Robinson's reed-thin legs to see plainly that he was a smaller man than Jones.
                    thats not my point, Ray was training differently than Jones. Roy was lifting weights and bulking up, Ray was training down. Size is pretty much in relation to someones frame size and natural muscle mass.

James Toney went from 160 to 260, how big do you really consider this man? he wasn't even big as a MW - he was small in fact.

Sure Roy Weighed more, but he had nearly an identical frame size to Ray, who by the looks of it had a bigger dome and hands. If ray was jackin the weights he would be heavier as well. That being said though that **** is purely for show.

Another example is Foreman and Norton, on tape them are nearly identical in size, in reality Foreman is built differently and is a larger stronger man. Nortons weight and size where in areas like a big chest developed on a bench press.

Comment

thats not my point, Ray was training differently than Jones. Roy was lifting weights and bulking up, Ray was training down. Size is pretty much in relation to someones frame size and natural muscle mass.

James Toney went from 160 to 260, how big do you really consider this man? he wasn't even big as a MW - he was small in fact.

Sure Roy Weighed more, but he had nearly an identical frame size to Ray, who by the looks of it had a bigger dome and hands. If ray was jackin the weights he would be heavier as well. That being said though that **** is purely for show.

Another example is Foreman and Norton, on tape them are nearly identical in size, in reality Foreman is built differently and is a larger stronger man. Nortons weight and size where in areas like a big chest developed on a bench press.
                      Roy Jones as a young 20 year old kid was bigger than Ray Robinson was at his biggest.

Let alone when he was fully developed strong LHW.

To consider them the same size is ludicrous.
                      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 01-03-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X