Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The United States is going to go bankrupt...thanks President Obama.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
    Its not all about profit, not to me. Social justice is more important. If I had power, I would ensure single mothers had fair assistance, that college was free for all able students (entry exams), then medical and dental care was free as it once was to all people. That our streets are clean and safe, that our elderly are cared for.

None of that makes a profit, all of it is necessary. It makes me sad that we (UK) have steered away from that system.
    the private sector can support charity too ya know.... and they do, and they would even more if they weren't taxed/robbed so heavily

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      ... Please stop making stuff up... The multiplier effect? Government spending can increase wealth?

You drink way too much koolaid
      Not heard of these things bro? I have taken college level economic classes and have A level economics too.

Comment

Not heard of these things bro? I have taken college level economic classes and have A level economics too.
        keynesian much???

Comment

• I believe in the state. It is the methaphorical father to all its citizens. I make no apologize for it.

The alternative model clearly isnt working too well for you guys either. Given the mess you're in-and the fact that the average Brit enjoys much higher levels of social service for the same (per capita) spending.

Comment

• You might be a redneck if you come a rural area and act as such.

And eat just mayonaise on wonderbread with a glass of strawberry quick

Comment

I believe in the state. It is the methaphorical father to all its citizens. I make no apologize for it.

The alternative model clearly isnt working too well for you guys either. Given the mess you're in-and the fact that the average Brit enjoys much higher levels of social service for the same (per capita) spending.
              "metaphorical father"??? why can't people be responsible for themselves? do kids rely on their parents for support until death? is maturity never meant to be reached?

man, we pretty much are living in a fascist state... it progressively gets worse... what we have now doesnt really resemble capitalism anymore

Comment

Its not all about profit, not to me. Social justice is more important. If I had power, I would ensure single mothers had fair assistance, that college was free for all able students (entry exams), then medical and dental care was free as it once was to all people. That our streets are clean and safe, that our elderly are cared for.

None of that makes a profit, all of it is necessary. It makes me sad that we (UK) have steered away from that system.
                I don't agree with your single mothers part.

Some of those bitches are single mothers because of their own doing, purposely.

What about single fathers?

Sometimes, we are too sympathetic to the plight of single mothers simply because they are women. Lots of those hoes take advantage of the system designed strictly for them.

Comment

• Take responsibility by all means, but know that if you fall on hard times, the state is there to lean on.

Are you US based bro?
                  Last edited by fight_professor; 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Kapp View Post

Sometimes, we are too sympathetic to the plight of single mothers simply because they are women. Lots of those hoes take advantage of the system designed strictly for them.
                    This is true in many cases, not just when they are single mothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Kapp View Post

Its not for the benefit of the mothers, but of the children who shouldnt suffer for their mother's mistakes. That's not justice. No one should suffer for something that they did not do.

Comment

Working...
                      X