Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a guy who has 150 days in the senate get elected as president?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a guy who has 150 days in the senate get elected as president?

Anyone know?

Be popular? Real talk.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
      Be popular? Real talk.
      Didn't he have a history on raising taxes on middle-class while he was senator? I know I'm going to piss people off with this topic, but I just like to find out answers... I still kind of feel America made a mistake... I think alot of Americans wanted to make history with the first black president instead of realizing what is infront of them.

Comment

By having a lot of money donated to his campaign and not being affliliated with the GOP at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
          Didn't he have a history on raising taxes on middle-class while he was senator? I know I'm going to piss people off with this topic, but I just like to find out answers... I still kind of feel America made a mistake... I think alot of Americans wanted to make history with the first black president instead of realizing what is infront of them.
          It was all about the change and he said what ppl wanna hear.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
            It was all about the change and he said what ppl wanna hear.
            Ultimately, this is the main reason. Heck, Obama could've had only 1 day experience and the U.S. citizens would still want change in policies and wouldn't care much about how long he's been in the Senate. Mix that in with a new face in that a new black man with great charisma was running for Presidency and you get a successful campaign. Remember, McCain tried hard to nail Obama as a 'risk' with controversial associates and it obviously didn't work. The American's wanted someone who would get them out of the current crises they've been in and I didn't certainly agree with Obama but they've decided. The Iraq war, Health Care, Fiscal policy and what they saw as the most important, the economy were the important ones. Only time will tell whether it was the right pick and remember, change won't come right away in Obama's role as President. I really wouldn't expect the U.S. to change all that much even within the first 2-3 years of Obama's Presidency, but I think eventually, there will be progress...

Comment

because people wanted to believe because he looks different hes actually gonna change something......add to the fact his opponent was a dead horse

Comment

Anyone know?
                send him up against someone even worse.

Comment

Anyone know?

He's got game. And his timing couldn't have been better. People were looking for something fresh and new.

Comment

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Working...
                    X