This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
    Arsenal got 40 mil for Ox. Let that sink in...
    You also lost 50m by not selling Sanchez who is now stirring **** up in the lockeroom and laughing at lazcatte missing sitters

I don't even think Sanchez makes City that much better anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
      You also lost 50m by not selling Sanchez who is now stirring **** up in the lockeroom and laughing at lazcatte missing sitters

I don't even think Sanchez makes City that much better anyway
      We looked more like a team without Sanchez and Ozil I thought tbh. I honestly don't care if they both **** off next summer.

I want us to go back to signing players that suit our style. Not big names that big clubs want rid of. I miss Wenger-ball.

Comment

• Klopp now has a worse record than Moyes at Utd apparently.

Comment

Klopp now has a worse record than Moyes at Utd apparently.
          , is this true?.

That passion doe.

Comment

• Arsenal going life and death with Doncaster

Really why would you not sell Sanchez.. he just doesn't want it.. might as well give a youth player the chance

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              Arsenal going life and death with Doncaster

Really why would you not sell Sanchez.. he just doesn't want it.. might as well give a youth player the chance
              Why do you always talk about Arsenal. You appear a bit obsessed tbh.

Have you forgotten we finished above you last season despite having our worst season in 20 years?

Comment

Why do you always talk about Arsenal. You appear a bit obsessed tbh.

Have you forgotten we finished above you last season despite having our worst season in 20 years?
                You actually won a trophy last season.. no way it was your worse in 20 years cause you have hardly won anything in the last 15 years

Unless your saying 4th place and humilating defeat in the CL>Fa cup

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                  ''Slicing defences open'' !!!

Which defences have City sliced open!? Watford, Feyernoord?? You went life and death with Brighton and Everton ffs.

Game against Liverpool doesn't count as we had about 9 players on the pitch.

Watch City revert to type AS SOON AS they face a top side who they don't get a helping hand to play against.
                  Did you watch those games? Should've scored about 6/7 in both games, even after the ghost red card given to Walker in the Everton game.

And yeah, slicing teams open. 52 passes the first goal last night, West Brom's first touch of the game was to pick the ball out the net.

Don't get what you mean by 'reverting to type'. We outplayed most top sides we faced last year. If that's our type then so be it.
                  Last edited by El Fenomeno; 09-21-2017, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• Gundogan was back to running the show in his first start in a year last night. Makes it look easy.

Missed him a lot in the middle last season, hope he isn't out too long again.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      I know we don't agree, I've never understood your stance on it at all. Without going over old ground for the 100th time Luiz should've been off after half an hour and KDB hit the bar from 2 yards at 1-0. The game was 1 way until you got an equaliser through a long ball after about an hour. 99% of the time KDB scores and we go on to win. The system was working and we were the better team, there was no need to restrict our attacking output in that game by legislating for the opposition.

Now that we have fullbacks who can actually move (the standout issue of last season), the system moves to a level of less risk. We've conceded 2 goals in 6 games. In fact most Pep teams rarely concede chances, we just happened to ship goals last year with the majority of chances we gave up. Maybe that was down to Bravo having a bit of a shocker.
                      It is always going to be an out against City if they press like they do.

Your first goal game from a crap Navas cross that Cahill put in the top bin from about 8 yards in front of his near post. That is an accidental goal not hitting a top striker who has pinned a fairly ordinary centre back.

That goal you mentioned. I'll stick my neck out here and say that that exact goal is replicated to the absolute tee at some stage probably a few times.

Because you press the ball so high what else do you want teams to do? Especially if they have a powerful centre forward against Stones and Otamendi who can both be rag-dolled.

You can't view all goals against City as accidental.

Chelsea themselves will probably score the same goal against City again, ffs. If Morata has either Otamendi or Stones pinned you'd just hit that guy from 60 metres if there was nobody screening in front of him. Or would the alternative be a square pass to someone with Fernandinho, De Bruyne, and whoever buzzing around them. If they're there they are not somewhere else.

All systems have weaknesses. You refuse to acknowledge the weakness in Pep's style as if they are some decade-rolling champs, they came nowhere close last year.

Chelsea's weakness is that they will concede large amounts of possession and territory against any very good side, there is a weakness on the right side of the defence that can be exploited by crosses to the back post as Azpilicueta is small, as is Moses, and what's more Moses can't really head a football. Cahill and Luiz can both dwell on the ball and Cahill backs off too much. The goalkeeper himself can be beaten from range and it has happened often. Cesc can't run but he can pass, whereas both Bakayoko and Kante maybe can't hit the passes that he can turning over more possession.

Strengths obviously being in any scenario of broken play Chelsea are probably going to be the red arrows.

Comment

Working...
                      X