Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 11-18-2016, 02:15 AM #1531
Phenomdeaux

Quoted: 1604 Post(s)
Phenom has disabled reputation
Bank: 39,513,900,208,313,606,144.00
Total Points: 39,715,900,222,271,201,280.00
you are a sh1t poster - Freedom. 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Probably the best movie I seen this year should get an Oscar nomination IMO

9/10
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:57 PM #1532
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2294 Post(s)
anthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,072,197,396.78
Total Points: 8,375,972,965.22
Here's to a good boxing discussion - BoxingFan85 Back at ya.  Cheers. - Redd Foxx cheers my friend - Canelo and GGG Interesting Topics - 1hourRun one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
cheers homie - Mike D Thanks! - MDPopescu ATG Duran!! - -KULT- War AD11 - Mike D No Message - punchr 
cheers - -Freddy- This Drink is on Me - JimRaynor fuck you faggot.  you are a bitch, as is your boyfriend Leroy.  gay ass cockscuker.  piece of shit - HAMMER77777 Its Hammer not Homer, faggot.  Now sit down and shut up.  Boss has Spoken.  :D - HAMMER77777 sit down and shut the fuck up before i personally ban your asss.  And trust me, thats the best case scenario for you, among my many range of options.  faggot - HAMMER77777 
An award for being a bltch - apples 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
So ive seen this in other forums, and i feel its a great idea.

just take the last film you saw and rate it, you can do a X/10 or you can write a 5 page synopsis on the film, or both it dosnt matter, try to keep the spoilers to a minimum.

Today i watched:

The Cain Mutiny 8/10

the story is about a group of officers in the navy who get a new captain, the captain slowly starts to show signs of paranoia brought on by an inferiroty complex. while navigating through a hurrican it all becomes too much for the captain, seeing the captain at a loss of words and acting iradically the main officer takes control of the ship. the men involved in the munity are then tried before a navy court for mutiny, are they innocent? are they guilty? is the captain really crazy? nothings every really all that black and white guilty or innocent and the film does a great job of showing this.

great film, id reccomend it to anyone it was like a modern day munity on the bounty, which was also amazing. the acting of humphrey bogart was amazing and the story itself was quite good. the 3 officers involved in the munity wernt quite as impressive as bogart but they still did a wonderful job of supporting the story and the lawer representing the 3 men really wraped everything up and made you think. his preformance is almost on par with bogarts.
As a huge Humphrey Bogart fan, I loved this movie. he did such a great job in this and his character was more complex than I ever guessed. It pretty much goes to show that older movies can sometimes be more surprising than modern ones. This was great storytelling. I couldn't believe the ending. Definitely one of my favorites.

However, for Bogart, nothing beats Treasure of the Sierra Madre. One of the best films of all time hands down.
anthonydavid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:13 PM #1533
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1741 Post(s)
FinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 500,000,312,380.99
You racist piece of 5hit - Mr McDowell No Message - -jose- 

Hacksaw ridge. It was decent but nowhere near great as Saving Private Ryan like it was compared to.
FinitoxDinamita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:40 PM #1534
Sentenced to Texas

Quoted: 1155 Post(s)
Mooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,197,123.92
a real bro - Ruthless One Great stuff. - Santa_ damn!!! - -jose- No Message - Snoop Frog 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
As a huge Humphrey Bogart fan, I loved this movie. he did such a great job in this and his character was more complex than I ever guessed. It pretty much goes to show that older movies can sometimes be more surprising than modern ones. This was great storytelling. I couldn't believe the ending. Definitely one of my favorites.

However, for Bogart, nothing beats Treasure of the Sierra Madre. One of the best films of all time hands down.
I recently watched "I died a thousand Deaths" which was a remake of High Sierra. Not a very good movie except for Jack Palance in the Bogartvrole. Palance was way more menacing at 6'4" than Bogart ever was.

Boagart was great in character roles in Casablanca, African Queen, Sierra Madre and Caine Mutiny for some examples but personally I never bought him as a tough guy in flicks such as Petrified Forest.
Mooshashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:00 PM #1535
Lieutenant

Quoted: 1810 Post(s)
JimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 355,110,115,187,512,377,344.00
Total Points: 355,110,115,188,513,505,280.00
I'M PLEASED YOU APPRECIATE GUUD WIIINE - Monaco Slim HAVE ANOTHER GLASS - Monaco Slim cheers - -Kev- might need these for the old hag - Shaolin Sword No Message - anthonydavid11 
Good luck with Power Ball and Mega Ball tickets. Good life is just around the corner - siablo14 White is right - Rudyo Schooling em - ΣNΣMY 

Alien vs predator requiem, 3/10.
JimRaynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:02 PM #1536
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2294 Post(s)
anthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,072,197,396.78
Total Points: 8,375,972,965.22
Here's to a good boxing discussion - BoxingFan85 Back at ya.  Cheers. - Redd Foxx cheers my friend - Canelo and GGG Interesting Topics - 1hourRun one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
cheers homie - Mike D Thanks! - MDPopescu ATG Duran!! - -KULT- War AD11 - Mike D No Message - punchr 
cheers - -Freddy- This Drink is on Me - JimRaynor fuck you faggot.  you are a bitch, as is your boyfriend Leroy.  gay ass cockscuker.  piece of shit - HAMMER77777 Its Hammer not Homer, faggot.  Now sit down and shut up.  Boss has Spoken.  :D - HAMMER77777 sit down and shut the fuck up before i personally ban your asss.  And trust me, thats the best case scenario for you, among my many range of options.  faggot - HAMMER77777 
An award for being a bltch - apples 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshashi View Post
I recently watched "I died a thousand Deaths" which was a remake of High Sierra. Not a very good movie except for Jack Palance in the Bogartvrole. Palance was way more menacing at 6'4" than Bogart ever was.

Boagart was great in character roles in Casablanca, African Queen, Sierra Madre and Caine Mutiny for some examples but personally I never bought him as a tough guy in flicks such as Petrified Forest.
You know, he came off a bit cartooney in Petrified Forest. It's not one of his best movies or even that great of a movie IMO. However, he was washed up from a lackluster career in the 20s and Leslie Howard swore he would not do the film without Bogart which gave Bogie a big break. Someone liked what he did in this film that got him bigger and better roles. However, like you, I didn't like the performance that much. I think Bogart played the part like he was told to do and what the script called for but it didn't come off that well to me either. And Palance was always menacing. They were two very different actors. Palance played the heel for most of his career and he was damn good at it, like Richard Boone. Bogart was definitely better at the character roles like you say. He played a great scumbag in The Roaring Twenties though or so I thought.
anthonydavid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:05 PM #1537
OK Jim...

Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Chrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 62,443,094,236,880,560,128.00
Total Points: 62,443,094,236,880,748,544.00
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Cheers buddy. - El-blanco Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Good to see you're still around champ, always been a top poster! - JK1700 

Hell or High water. Pretty good.
Chrismart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:17 PM #1538
I'll ave some of that

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Duggie has a reputation beyond reputeDuggie has a reputation beyond reputeDuggie has a reputation beyond reputeDuggie has a reputation beyond reputeDuggie has a reputation beyond reputeDuggie has a reputation beyond reputeDuggie has a reputation beyond reputeDuggie has a reputation beyond reputeDuggie has a reputation beyond reputeDuggie has a reputation beyond reputeDuggie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 98,671,326.15
Total Points: 98,725,115.98
To the NFL!!! - Mizzou Have a burger for exposing my lame PO-predictions. - BatTheMan To pure, British ancestry - Mizzou put this on you're face. - badblood good shit man! - mellow_mood 

the fundamentals of caring 8/10

working in that field i thought i would give this film a try on netflix. real feel good film with good acting ( even selena gomez). worth watching for the lead actor and paul rudd
Duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:03 AM #1539
Dc nu pot sa uit de ea?

Quoted: 1793 Post(s)
BM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4.97
Total Points: 187,791,168,740,483,530,752.00
Cool thread - Brick Top Eat a dick - No Diggity erectile dysfunction - Omowale Tribe Conor Fucking McGregor! - PF Rudyo Love you mate. - BM dnobagaV 
good times - Weltschmerz No Message - ScottWeiland fir putting me on ignore rist - Shaolin Sword I saw your thread about liking BBC.  Put this in ya VaJayJay Bltch :lol1: - travestyny 

25th Hour - Very enjoyable. Edward Norton, solid as usual. Seymour Hoffman, just great. Rosario Dawson... Lordy have mercy. Odd film, very up/down.

Hannibal Rising - First film I ever couldn't finish. Enjoyed the first fifteen minutes, then the next half hour was AIDS epitomized on screen. Bleh!
BM dnobagaV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:17 AM #1540
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1921 Post(s)
jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,347,869,730,036,286,226,432.00
Total Points: 3,347,969,731,036,285,763,584.00
Thanks for the warning - MeiXiang loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* funny poster in the lounge - jas 
atg poster - jas I <3 you! - led No Message - jas thanks bro I didn't even notice - -jose- you got skills - Santa_ 
Trump! - Ruthless One :beerchug: - -jose- hilarious - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jaded AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismart View Post
Hell or High water. Pretty good.
I just watched this tonight because a friend recommended it. I was about to turn it off after 45 minutes and the finally it started to pick up a bit. It really wasn't until the last part of the movie before it got any good. Overall...I couldn't rate it better than a 6.8. I don't think there were really any good movies in 2016...they should cancel the awards this year because nothing was worthy of one. I started to watch Fences on Saturday night and turned it off after 1/2 an hour. Just a bunch of crap.
jaded is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
****ing, bone, film, hell...., rate, saw!!!, tomahawk...

User Tag List