Comments Thread For: Roc Nation: This is Ward's First Step Toward Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itsy bitsy tiny baby step...

Comment

fighting nobodies in prep for kovalev seems like a good strategy if you wanna get beat by kovalev

Comment

Ward has GGG fans all insecure .. This is funny

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          This is actually Ward's second step towards Kovalev. His first step was rejected by NSAC as a gross mismatch.

It's funny to see HBO claim they have exclusive rights to Ward, when in reality nobody else was willing to pay Ward to fight. HBO had to lock Ward into an agreement in order to force him to face Kovalev, something I'm skeptical he actually goes thru with. Unless they already have the terms for Ward/Kovalev locked in, I could see him overpricing himself for the fight.
          Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Ward wants $2mil+ to fight tuneups. Imagine what he will want to fight kovalev. I don't have high hopes for that fight materializing.
          Ward's $2million minimum is equal to Kovalev's highest purse, vs Pascal.

Even if Ward had agreed to fight Krusher for his minimum fee, and Kovalev had agreed to a 50/50 split, that's still a combined purse of $4million.

The combined purse for GGG/Lemieux was $3.5million, and K2 barely managed to cover their ass with the PPV sales.

GGG is better known than Kovalev, and Lemieux has more fans than Ward. But I guess Kovalev/Ward could be sold to the fans as a more even and competitive match-up than GGG/Lemieux, so it might sell more PPV tickets.

But if Ward wants significantly more than his minimum for Kovalev, which I think he would, and Kovalev wants at least as much as Ward, which he would be entitled to expect, then that kills the fight, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            NEW YORK, NY - Roc Nation Sports is pleased to announce that Two-Time World Champion and top-rated pound-for-pound fighter Andre Ward (28-0, 15 KOs) will return to the ring on Saturday, Nov. 21 in the co- feature to the Miguel Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez middleweight world championship showdown that will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View. Ward has signed an exclusive multi-fight agreement with HBO that will commence with Ward’s Nov. 21 fight at The Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Having cleaned out the super middleweight division, Ward, 31, will be making his debut in the 175-pound light heavyweight division against an opponent to be announced.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            Fighting a 38 year old smw @ 175 on short notice. Huge step.

Comment

Sooooo what I'm getting is Rocnation is saying Ward is going to fight Kolavev and Ward signed a contract to fight him down the road with HBO and he's getting criticism for it???? So People where says my how he's ducking Kovalev now he's going too fight him next year and he's getting **** for it by Golovkin die hands..... Wards resume craps on GGG's and is being used as an attack against him. He's fighting a scrub we all get that, it's a second showcase fight but who else could he fight on short notice??

Let's go down the list of Ring Mag

Champ-Stevenson- You already know the answer

#1. Kolavev- Fighting #3.Pascal and its down the road

#2. Hopkins- complicated but not happening

#3. Pascal- see number 1

#4. Braehmer- Fighting #10. Oosthuizen

#5. Alvarez- Fighting #6 Chilemba

#6. Chilemba- see number 5

#7. Fonfara- just fought and Haymon

#8. Beterbiev- Injured

#9. Gonzalez- just lost and might price himself out like before

#10. Oosthuizen- see number 4

#11. Anyone below 10 is just as bad too y'all

So who can he fight. Yea it's a **** fight I'll admit but Ward isn't a coward and isn't calling out divisions and turning tail when the boogeyman comes... Kovalev is Wards boogeyman and it's going to happen. If it doesn't I will eat my wards and admit I'm wrong and take all criticism but until then.... Ward is fighting Kovalev in 2016 and GGG( a fighter I really do like) Pussed out and ducked Ward with that 164 **** tell your trainer and promoter not to write checks your ass can't cash.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                I literally LOL at how sone of you cats literally HATE Andre Ward because he is not only a threat to GGG. But how he basically exposed GGG for not being this, "take on all comers", "do it for the glory and not the money" warrior they were trying to portray him as.

Its all good. He's moving on to bigger and better things. As a fight fan, Ward-Kovalev is a better match-up than Ward-GGG. GGG isn't close to being ad good as either of those guys. Although I am looking forward to all these clowns saying Kovalev is gonna destroy Ward. And, Ward is gonna duck the fight. Looking forward to how they turn on Kovalev after Ward beats him. Then all the, "GGG beat Kovalev in sparring" posts are gonna from the same clowns.
                Wards a threat to Unranked SMW.

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                LEL!!! XDD They have no ****ing shame lol. Undercard Ward got humiliated as the bum fraud he is. He is at the bottom of the boxing pyramid while Gennady is the king of boxing. He is a nobody and Roc Nation is dealing with that by pairing him up with other nobodies hoping he doesnt lose.
                Lol! Ward is in a bad state when this is his tune up for LHW.

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
                With the amount of threads about GGG you'd think a thread about Ward would be...about Ward...hmm. The article didn't use GGG as click bait, Ward's team has clearly moved on towards Kovalev, maybe it's time for GGG fans to channel their animosity somewhere else?
                Ward fans have spent a year dogging GGG for trying to get champions to fight him.

Now Ward pulls bs like this. Makes it far too easy to strike back.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Ward hasn't cleaned out today's 168 pound class. The super six was many years ago and it doesn't count today. He hasn't clean out DeGale and he hasn't cleaned out Badou Jack. They are both 168 pound champions. Why does he need over a years worth of "steps" to fight Kovalev? Just fight him if he intends to fight him. If he can't beat him now he won't beat him 14 months from now. He is fighting an unranked 168 pounder at 175 pounds. That's a cherry pick. Ward will win easily and it won't prove anything that everybody didn't already know.
                Right! Ward could have found a LHW to tune up with a real LHW.

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                He also doesn't realize that mentioning Cotto and GGG's ages actually makes GGG look worse. Cotto is a legend, in the twilight of a HOF career. GGG's best win is Geale, Lemieux, Macklin, or whatever other bum you wanna plug in.
                Get the thread right. I was responding to someone who said GGG was trying to fight a old man. Cotto is 35, GGG is 33.

Cotto is a legend who has disgraced himself by fighting a broken man for the MW strap, then playing keep away from GGG.

GGG scared the **** out of that legend. It's not weight, Canelo is heavier than GGG.

Cotto is rightly scared, GGG would break him.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                  Probably! Getting ready, by what, fighting 38 year old SMW at 175?

You have to be kidding!

It's so bad the Nevada com first refused to sanction.

Brand at super middleweight never weighed in above 169 pounds.

Come on.

Jesus, is that going to help you sleep with the fact that Ward is pulling some straight BS with this.

Look at Ward now.

Ummm Brand fought a guy who came in weighing 181! He weighs 168 you REALLY believe he doesn't hydrate up more then 2lbs??? NM don't answer that! I forgot I'm talking to a RTard...

I REALLY don't even understand why they would bless the 1st guy??? He's ranked in the top #10 by the WBO???

And NOW why do you have a problem with Brand??? He's RANKED #5 by GGG's NEW FAVORITE organization the WBC!!!

He SD'd their CHAMPION now a few years back. He's never been KO'd. Has 1 loss. 3 medals, and can punch!!! Sht I think he would be step up from the cans GGG usually feasts on??

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Alexander Brand would EASILY be in the top 5 best fighters GGG has ever fought if this was a GGG fight instead of against Ward...GGGTards should THANK Kov every NIGHT for taking the big bad man away from ggg.

Kov / Floyd (The BIG Brother)

GGG / Broner (The Big MOUTH lil brothers)

Both have their lil bros. to thank for protecting them when their mouth gets them in trouble.
                    Damn you're a worthless idiot alt. This guy has no top 100 wins, fought 2x outside of Colombia, is 38 and coming up in weight. Ggg has 7 Ring top 10 scalps, moron

Comment

Originally posted by 887
                      lmao!!!!!

y'all were secretely wishing this **** wasn't gonna happen!!!!!!!!

SOG about to cast a spell on ESAU!!!!!!!
                      Hope you're still here on this account in a year/18 months from now lol.
                      Going to be funny

Comment

Working...
                      X