No announcement yet.

What's your favourite dinosaur

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
    I guess I didn't. For what it's worth, my favourite is probably Carnotaurus.

Didnt explain why you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick B View Post
      Didnt explain why you like it?
      It's just an interesting animal. The main specimen we have it was very well-preserved so we know more about it than we do most other predatory dinosaurs (right down to the texture of its skin,) and what we do know portrays it as pretty different from the others. We know it had a very long and rigid tail for it to keep balance and long legs giving it a long stride so we know it was a fast runner that probably hunted large prey in open space. The most interesting thing about it is the skull, however, the name Carnotaurus means "flesh-eating bull" in reference to the horns over its eyes, something no other carnivorous dinosaur had, and they're large and prominent enough to not rule out the possibility that they were used as weapons. It had a short and broad snout, and while scientists don't believe it had a particularly strong bite, it is thought to have been able to open its jaws very wide. One theory says that it would have opened wide and then swung its neck downwards, using the upper part of its jaw like a hatchet to slash through the flesh of its victims. Even if it's not the biggest carnivorous animal of all time I do think it's one of the coolest.

Comment

The blind one.

Comment

Comment

Comment

As a Golovkin fan, I'd have to go with a face first brawler like Triceritops.

Comment

Updated t-rex http://dinogoss.blogspot.com/2014/07...aurs-dont.html

Sorry for being a dino hog but you cant have just one favorite.

I wonder why some of the smaller fellas disappeared since they shared the same niche as several critters still extant

Comment

Aren't sharks dinosaurs?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Aren't sharks dinosaurs?
                    No theyre fish but Im surprised the evolutionist dont call some of them dinosaurs since thats what they call just about everything else from the so called age of reptiles including several mammals, whales, birds, etc..

Comment

Always liked Baryonyx as a kid

Comment

Working...
                      X