No announcement yet.

NSB PICK 'EM #43 AND #44. SAT 4th AUGUST 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSB PICK 'EM #43 AND #44. SAT 4th AUGUST 2018

Saturday 4th August, Atlantic City, USA (UTC-4)

Sergei Kovalev vs Eleidar Alvarez
    Dmitry Bivol vs Isaac Chilemba

BETTING ODDS:

Kovalev: 1/5 Alvarez: 3/1
    Bivol: 1/100 Chilemba: 16/1 (4x any points on Chilemba)

Ways fighters can win:
    Decision: WIDE or CLOSE
    KO: EARLY (1-4), MID (5-8) or LATE (9-12)

Examples of the ways you can state your decision:

PICK EM CREW, Alvarez, Decision, Close
    PICK EM CREW, Chilemba, KO, MID x2
    If no multiplier is specified in your pick (ie x2, x3) then it will be assumed that no multiplier is being used (x1)
    If you wish to pick a Draw result, simply state your Username, both fighter names and DRAW, ie:

PICK EM CREW, Bivol, Chilemba DRAW
    NOTES:
    -Draws are worth 120pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 30pts.

-CLOSE is <12 pts difference, or anything closer than 116-112 on all three scorecards. WIDE is >=12 pts difference, or anything equivalent to 116-112 on all three cards or wider.

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 5 doubles and 3 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread.

Sticky me -MEGA-,
    BostonGuy

OK Gentlemen. I decided to put up both pick 'ems now cos I'm gonna be away doing Hippie stuff in fields for the next coupla weeks and ain't gonna be wasting my time playing with my phone even if I have got a signal... don't expect the leaderboard to be updated for a while, but also don't worry... it will be done eventually.

On another note, I nearly dropped Pick 'em 44 (Bivol vs Chilemba) when I saw how wide the bookies had it - however I think this is a slightly deceptive one personally. Chilemba's derailed more than one promising career in the past and his few legitimate losses have really only come to the top players. Reportedly he picked up an injury against Gvozdyk too so maybe too much weight is being put into that loss. It'd be a bold pick, but with a x4 mult on it I'd say it's worth thinking about if you're looking for a gamble on boosting your ranking.

In the meantime I'm hoping siablo will be around to field any other questions and keep up with day to day stuff.

Good Luck gents!
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-25-2018, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Oh god, Chilemba beating Bivol would make my year - it would be comedy gold for some and a tragic loss for many others. The amount of tears would make world sea levels rise by 10 metres

Comment

KOBA: Kovalev, KO, MID
        KOBA: Bivol, KO, LATE

Comment

Originally posted by pittapatta66 View Post
          Oh god, Chilemba beating Bivol would make my year - it would be comedy gold for some and a tragic loss for many others. The amount of tears would make world sea levels rise by 10 metres
          I think Bivol is a genuine talent, but Chilemba's hugely underated in my book and I do have a real soft spot for him. I'm happy whichever way this one goes...

You interested in joining the Pick 'em, man? It's late in the year, but x3 pick on the Chilemba win would get you off to a blistering start if he comes through!

Comment

DuckAdonis

Kovalev, Decision, Wide
            Bivol, KO, Late

Comment

Vinnykin

Kovalev, Decision, Close

Bivol, KO, Late

Comment

Comment

Why's there no pick.em for.whyte v Parker? Surely that's.better than a.pick em.where we've got a 1/100 favourite lol

Comment

SceneBoxer
                    Kovalev, Ko, Late
                    Bivol, Ko, Late

Comment

Working...
                    X