Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew Fears That it May Take a Death For Boxing To Tackle PEDs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew Fears That it May Take a Death For Boxing To Tackle PEDs

TONY BELLEW believes boxing will not begin to properly punish drug cheats until someone dies in the ring. The former world cruiserweight champion yesterday delivered a devastating attack on the sport's authorities for letting doping cheats prosper. And he claimed it could end in "premeditated murder" if a boxer goes into the ring with the advantage of performance-enhancing substances.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don’t like him but i gotta give him props
    He’s absolutely right in his assessment that it will only change when someone dies in that ring
    Very sad but true

Comment

Nope, i don't think he's right, there's been already grim cases on boxing and while boxers have landed in jail, things follow the same damn course

Comment

I think drug cheating in boxing would only get worse, this is why boxing as a sport need to be on top of this. Because it is a sport that can have the worse consequences in that terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Because it is a sport that can have the worse consequences in that terms.
          Absolutely. This. PEDs in boxing has the worst consequences out of any sport and should be dealt with more harshly. We're talking about peoples lives ffs.

Comment

This clown signed his will on tissue-paper, thinking David Gay was going to kill him at HW and hes talking about safety. FOH Bellend!
            Last edited by 1hourRun; 04-24-2018, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Ggg didn't die at hands of Nell thankfully. But his career might have been shortened.
              Because Nell didn't get tired he could hit gg g for longer and harder. Nelo punches in 12th round were probably as hard as in 1st round. gg g couldn't hit Nelo as Nell didn't get tired and vulnerable on bike all night.
              Basically Nell was so fit he didn't lose composure under heavy artillery
              Last edited by hugh grant; 04-24-2018, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                This clown signed his will on tissue-paper, thinking David Gay was going to kill him at HW and hes talking about safety. FOH Bellend!
                I agree with what Bellew is saying but he's a hypocrite; he didn't say much about Tyson Fury testing positive for steroids, did he?!

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  Absolutely. This. PEDs in boxing has the worst consequences out of any sport and should be dealt with more harshly. We're talking about peoples lives ffs.
                  I would like to see a percentage of the boxers purse withheld from every fight. This money would be kept in an interest bearing account until say 5 years after he hangs up his gloves, at which time several of his blood tests from previous fights would be subjected to the latest detection techniques and a failure would result in forfeiture of the money. This would dissuade cheating and ensure that even the most profligate honest boxers would have a nest egg.

Comment

Exactly my point!
                    Why do these orginazations keep these cheats ranked after cheating? Thats rewarding the cheats! makes no sense!!😡

Comment

Working...
                    X