No announcement yet.

NASA: satellites show world is running out of fresh water

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phallus View Post
    I would hate to see who decides who deserves to live, it likely won't be poor or gay people. it seems like every crisis is an excuse for some kind of eugenics
    Bad people... That kid that just shot up a church... Ex-nfl players Darren sharper and Aaron Hernandez... Bernie madoff....

People that are totally guilty of crimes against humanity...

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
      You would probably use more water killing them then letting them live.
      No, not likely....

Shot them in the head...

Comment

Yes, water is definitely the biggest problem humans will be facing soon enough, and most people don't really understand the consequences. Definitely, many countries with access to potable water are removing it from their aquifers faster than their recharge rate. Not good. This is a huge problem, and you guys shouldn't really joke around about this. If you are alive, you're gonna need water to stay that way. Humans can only go 3 days without water, maybe a month without food. No way around it, the food you eat requires water to grow, whether plants or animals. Yeah, were pretty much ****ed. Nature has a way of putting things back in order, and I believe this is a check on human activity. Some places around here are experimenting with desalination plants, and we have a world class facility that does water treatment and pumps treated sewage water back into the ground for re-use, and as a natural filtering process. Personally, did not enjoy my environmental engineering class, but wouldn't mind getting into water distribution. Good stuff, very interesting and arguably the most important subject. Essential to our survival.

Comment

Well this is why we need to stop wasting fresh water on flushing toilets and watering lawns and other unnecessary bull chit. Water never disappears off the planet it just becomes contaminated. They better start putting more effort into decontamination and de salinization

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
            Well this is why we need to stop wasting fresh water on flushing toilets and watering lawns and other unnecessary bull chit. Water never disappears off the planet it just becomes contaminated. They better start putting more effort into decontamination and de salinization
            Come on man, don't say that. What is the alternative for this. Not even gonna lie, 72% of all water usage goes toward agriculture. We gotta find more effective ways of growing food, and minimize loss of water due to agriculture runoff, and make sure the water used to grow food is effectively used. I am for rationing water, however, I heard this is difficult to implement. Ultimately, though, I think it's an issue of population control, which I am definitely for. Across the board, resources are being depleted at an alarming rate. The governments of the world should mandate how many kids people are allowed to have. **** it. I am for less rights, on the basis that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. No disrespect, but people need to be told what to do, not smart enough to make choices on their own. Then, we gotta consider life expectancy, birth rate to death rate, etc. Pretty interesting stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X