Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider the WBA regular title as a world title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you consider the WBA regular title as a world title?

Holders include Jessie Vargas, Scott Quigg and Keith Thurman. Do you regard this belt as a world title or just another invaluable belt created by the sanctioning bodies?

Nop

You can add Carl Froch to this list aswell

Nearly everywhere recognise the Super Champion as the WBA portion of the crown, where they recognise more than one. Regular belt is the interim, before the actual interim WBA belt lol...

The WBA did say last year they were going to phase these super titles out, but I guess they wont be.

Comment

Depends on the situation. Floyd is the Super Champion but is a part time fighter so its not fair to Lara. Similar situation with Carl Froch and Andre Ward.

If the Super Champ won't defend his title then I do consider the regular champ as a title holder.

In the case of Scott Quigg, Jessie Vargas and Keith Thurman, there are established champions in each of their divisions that regularly defend their titles against top contenders. So no I don't consider them title holders.

Comment

no. its just bull**** from the WBA to get a bigger sanctioning fee from these guys. Their labeling no champs as champs does nothing else.

Comment

No....it's absolutely laughable if anyone does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
            Depends on the situation. Floyd is the Super Champion but is a part time fighter so its not fair to Lara. Similar situation with Carl Froch and Andre Ward.

If the Super Champ won't defend his title then I do consider the regular champ as a title holder.

In the case of Scott Quigg, Jessie Vargas and Keith Thurman, there are established champions in each of their divisions that regularly defend their titles against top contenders. So no I don't consider them title holders.
            what? They are all not holders. Danny Garcia? Vargas?

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
              what? They are all not holders. Danny Garcia? Vargas?
              SMH. My son my son. Have you been attending your reading classes?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
                SMH. My son my son. Have you been attending your reading classes?
                SYH? So Danny Garcia has been defending his title regularly? I mean Vargas should be up there with the ones you consider champions right? Or are we playing favorites like always

Comment

And people dont want Haymon to make on centralized belt. LMAO, listen to you fools discuss just one corrupt sanctioning bodies 18 million belts.

I havent gave a **** about the current belts for a long time, cant believe people still do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    SYH? So Danny Garcia has been defending his title regularly? I mean Vargas should be up there with the ones you consider champions right? Or are we playing favorites like always
                    Jessie Vargas is **** though lol

Comment

Working...
                    X