Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters not knowing their worth nowadays, asking for too much money.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Fans need to grow up and understand what negotiations are about. Compromise is usually made but of course they're going to posture and demand certain amounts. This year contained several big examples of fights where one was labled a "ducking diva", but terms were eventually met and the fight was made. Again, it's negotiations. You guys aren't paying attention.
    It seems as though most people in here haven't negotiated a thing in their life.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      Red you were saying Hearn and Joshua are avoiding Wilder like the plague a couple of days after the Wilder Stiverne fight....
      lool

Comment

Fans need to grow up and understand what negotiations are about. Compromise is usually made but of course they're going to posture and demand certain amounts. This year contained several big examples of fights where one was labled a "ducking diva", but terms were eventually met and the fight was made. Again, it's negotiations. You guys aren't paying attention.
        Exactly.

You always go in higher. I think someone like Hearn would be surprised if Parker or Wilder's team didn't initially ask for 40-50%, it's expected. They won't end up with that but you have to go in higher. Imagine going in at asking for 30% to potentially be bartered down to even lower.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          It seems as though most people in here haven't negotiated a thing in their life.
          When you negotiate something do you ask for 5/10/20x what it's worth? That's what Parker and Wilder are doing.

Comment

Red you were saying Hearn and Joshua are avoiding Wilder like the plague a couple of days after the Wilder Stiverne fight....
            I said that Hearn wasn't serious about fighting Wilder if he expected him to fight Whyte first with no guarantee. There's really no other sensible way to look at that offer. It was pathetic.
            Hearn then said he was interested in negotiating w/ Wilder and I said that's good, I hope something comes of this.

What part of that do you have a problem with?

Comment

I agree with what you say. But:

Canelo avoided Golovkin, he deserved his diva status. Golovkin accepted the offer when Canelo finally offered a ppv split, and a fight. Which he didn't do for one and half years.

Comment

I said that Hearn wasn't serious about fighting Wilder if he expected him to fight Whyte first with no guarantee. There's really no other sensible way to look at that offer. It was pathetic.
                Hearn then said he was interested in negotiating w/ Wilder and I said that's good, I hope something comes of this.

What part of that do you have a problem with?
                The part where you said Joshua was avoiding Wilder literally a couple of days after the Stiverne fight. Fair enough if you said only Hearn was but you didn't.

The point is you're not in a position to tell other people to be grown up on the subject.... if you think Hearn and Joshua are avoiding Wilder because Hearn tried to negotiate a Whyte fight then other posters can state that they feel Wilder is pricing himself out by asking for 50-50.
                Last edited by NaijaD; 11-13-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  I agree with what you say. But:

Canelo avoided Golovkin, he deserved his diva status. Golovkin accepted the offer when Canelo finally offered a ppv split, and a fight. Which he didn't do for one and half years.
                  To be specific; Oscar kept Canelo away from Golovkin. I don't think Canelo avoided him, nor has AJ himself avoided Wilder. Boxers hire promoters and managers to make decisions for them.

When it's a guy like Mayweather, who clearly navigates his own ship, then it's a different situation and I was critical of Mayweather himself for not making the Pac fight happen a couple years sooner, when Pac was ready to take the tests, etc.

The part where you said Joshua was avoiding Wilder literally a couple of days after the Stiverne fight. Fair enough if you said only Hearn was but you didn't.

The point is you're not in a position to tell other people to be grown up on the subject.... if you think Hearn and Joshua are avoiding Wilder because Hearn tried to negotiate a Whyte fight then other posters can state that they feel Wilder is pricing himself out by asking for 50-50.
                  Respectfully, I don't think you're getting where I'm coming from. The only thing that bugs me more than boxer-worship is promoter worship. Promoters need public pressure put on them in order for the fans to get what they want.

I've said on here (and you can look it up) that I don't think Joshua would duck anyone.
                  I've also said that I still favor Joshua in a fight against Wilder.

I'm not playing favorites here. I'm simply asking for the best fights. Hearn's offer was a joke and I said that BEFORE the Stiverne fight and after. Hearn saying he wants AJ to fight Wilder is exactly what I want.

We'll see what Wilder/his team does. Of course they're going to start out w/ 50/50. Fact is; I don't think he should get 50/50. Maybe that's where you got me wrong in this whole thing. If he maintains that stance, I'll be critical of him. If it goes on for weeks like the Whyte offer from Hearn, I'll start criticizing him the same way I criticized Hearn. You can bookmark that.
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 11-13-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

And good for them.

i GO INTO INTERVIEWS AND TELL THE COMPANY STRAIGHT UP WHAT I'LL WORK FOR, WHAT I WON'T. i THINK HUMAN BEINGS GET PIMPED, EXPLOITED, AND WE ARE WORTH MORE THAN WE THINK.

tHE LOW MONETARY STANDARDS ARE ONLY REINFORCED BY CORPORATIONS BALACING THEIR REVENUE STATMENTS AND THEN TELLING US HOW MUCH WE SHOULD MAKE.

tHESE GUYS GET POUNDED FOR A LIVING

iF I WERE TO HATE ON THE HAYMON PAYOUTS i WOULD BE JEALOUS, AND I DON'T WANT TO BE BITTER.

Comment

To be specific; Oscar kept Canelo away from Golovkin. I don't think Canelo avoided him, nor has AJ himself avoided Wilder. Boxers hire promoters and managers to make decisions for them.

When it's a guy like Mayweather, who clearly navigates his own ship, then it's a different situation and I was critical of Mayweather himself for not making the Pac fight happen a couple years sooner, when Pac was ready to take the tests, etc.

Respectfully, I don't think you're getting where I'm coming from. The only thing that bugs me more than boxer-worship is promoter worship. Promoters need public pressure put on them in order for the fans to get what they want.

I've said on here (and you can look it up) that I don't think Joshua would duck anyone.
                      I've also said that I still favor Joshua in a fight against Wilder.

I'm not playing favorites here. I'm simply asking for the best fights. Hearn's offer was a joke and I said that BEFORE the Stiverne fight and after. Hearn saying he wants AJ to fight Wilder is exactly what I want.

We'll see what Wilder/his team does. Of course they're going to start out w/ 50/50. Fact is; I don't think he should get 50/50. Maybe that's where you got me wrong in this whole thing. If he maintains that stance, I'll be critical of him. If it goes on for weeks like the Whyte offer from Hearn, I'll start criticizing him the same way I criticized Hearn. You can bookmark that.
                      It's not an attack by the way, You're one of the posters I respect the most.... I just feel like a lot of people are being very lenient with Wilder on this 50-50 thing and assume it's just a start but Wilder has a history of being "delusional" or greatly over-estimating his worth.

Refusing $4 million+ for Whyte (when AJ was not available) and asking for 7 million and saying his WBC belt is more valuable than all of Fury's belts, saying his resume speaks for itself and there's other nonsense he's said on top of that.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not a problem if you're just hyping yourself up and promoting but with Wilder you get a sense that he really believes all of it LIKE DEEPLY, especially when he talks about the US being bigger than the UK (like that means anything) to justify his 50-50 stance. I think the concerns for him not backing down from these ridiculous demands are justified given his track record.

Comment

Working...
                      X