Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VID: DJ thinks he HURT 3XG...calls his power a "Myth, a facade, smoke and mirrors"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Golovkin roll two really hard shots and not look affected at all. Can't think of a particular moment in the fight where he looked hurt. DJ was definitely hurt in 4 and 9, and looked much worse after the bell.

It's interesting to see how the Golovkin hate had changed.
    Pre Fight: "Brook exposed him, he can be hurt, DJ is bigger and stronger, imagine if those same punches landed!"
    Post Fight: "DJ exposed him, he can be outboxed! His power is overrated!"

The narrative that Golovkin can be hit and hurt by a big puncher is abandoned. Instead now he's not as powerful as people claim and can be outboxed.

Let's just give credit to DJ being an awesome opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_Quaaludes View Post
      As did many, but not the majority, nor the three that mattered.

That's his problem. Even if you thought he won, it was a close fight. You telling me Jacobs thought he was CLEARLY winning a fight against a reigning champion who knocked him down and rocked him on several occasions? Even his own corner was telling him it was close.
      He said after the fight he thought he won by a couple of rounds, at least.

So yes, that's what I'm saying.

His corner told him he was ahead, non HBO broadcasts had him ahead, he felt he was ahead...why should he have abandoned a game plan that they all felt was working?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-O Suave View Post

Whachugot?? you agree with DJ?
        Yet, he dropped DJ?

Comment

stfu loser. you lost. quit crying, you arent getting a rematch. you got outlanded and dropped. Got wobbled in a later round too. you fought negatively and on the back foot. your supposed power did **** all, thought you were meant to be a ko artist? a gallant loser is still a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            stfu loser. you lost. quit crying, you arent getting a rematch. you got outlanded and dropped. Got wobbled in a later round too. you fought negatively and on the back foot. your supposed power did **** all, thought you were meant to be a ko artist? a gallant loser is still a loser.
            ^^^^Comments like this are why casual 14yr olds shouldn't talk boxing

Comment

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
              ^^^^Comments like this are why casual 14yr olds shouldn't talk boxing
              lol okay i admit i didnt put it too eloquently but fed up of him and others whining about the decision. Its laughable jacobs criticising his power when he got dropped and visibly rocked later on in the fight, and didnt really engage half as much as he did with lesser opponents. He should be happy he surpassed expectations by making it a competitive fight, not being a sore whining loser.

Comment

Well regarding him hurting 3G, idk. He definitely hit 3G with some solid shots and 3G never looked really buzzed or seriously hurt. His chin is legit.

Comment

Yeah it was annoying to see Jacobs go "THEY GAVE HIM THE WIN SO THEY CAN DO GGG VS CANELO BUT I WILL BE GRACIOUS" how the **** are you gracious after saying that, talking out of both sides of mouth.

Comment

If GGG is a myth why didn't you beat him up?
                    You moved away for 75% of the fight you don't move off against a "power myth" you take it to him if his punches are meaningless!

Now listen this is why I think less of most of fighyters schooling these days. You just fought the champion of the world, you lost on points CLEARLY and your degrading the guy who beat you! What does that say about you? Over rated even more?

Shut up and get another fight signed and see if you can get back with GGG at the beginning of the year. He's that much older and your supposed to be that much WISER!
                    Who the hell is this kids adviser? Find some one with brains and humility and speak with dignity and respect for your opponents and yourself. Way to many crybabies!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
                      I saw Golovkin roll two really hard shots and not look affected at all. Can't think of a particular moment in the fight where he looked hurt. DJ was definitely hurt in 4 and 9, and looked much worse after the bell.

It's interesting to see how the Golovkin hate had changed.
                      Pre Fight: "Brook exposed him, he can be hurt, DJ is bigger and stronger, imagine if those same punches landed!"
                      Post Fight: "DJ exposed him, he can be outboxed! His power is overrated!"

The narrative that Golovkin can be hit and hurt by a big puncher is abandoned. Instead now he's not as powerful as people claim and can be outboxed.

Let's just give credit to DJ being an awesome opponent.
                      Good points!

I do think that Jacobs made Golovkin look somewhat plodding and almost ordinary!

Jacobs is entitled to his opinion that the vaunted power isn't actually so, after all he was the guy taking the shots! However there's also a few guys who have also taken those same shots who'd probably disagree!!

Comment

Working...
                      X