Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Else Thinks Saunders Has No Intention of Fighting This Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Else Thinks Saunders Has No Intention of Fighting This Year?

Kurtzside ....whoosh...gone...WBO ineffectual as usual, says he's fighting GGG "very very very soon", Warren criticises Eubank Jr but what's he done except empty promises...just empty slogans and the WBO are a disgrace

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    Kurtzside ....whoosh...gone...WBO ineffectual as usual, says he's fighting GGG "very very very soon", Warren criticises Eubank Jr but what's he done except empty promises...just empty slogans and the WBO are a disgrace
    I look at it like this..

Saunders was mandated to fight Khurtsidze. No if's no But's and it can only be trumped via unification.

Khurtsidze then accepts a hefty step aside payment from Frank Warren to fight Tommy Langford who's #2 and put his mando up for grabs.

Why would the WBO, even as shady as they are, allow that if Saunders wasnt going to fight?

The answer to that may just have something to do with Warren teasing a BJS announcement " in the coming weeks" since about 3 weeks ago, and both him and BJS just happen to have ringside seats courtesy of K2 promotions for the GGG - Jacobs fight on saturday.

I think if GGG wins.. we see negotiations for a Unification with BJS.

Comment

After all the teasing over the last month or so, if they don't actually announce that he's facing Golovkin next he'll be a laughing stock and should be stripped immediately

Comment

He is hiding out waiting to cash himself out with a big payday

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          I look at it like this..

Saunders was mandated to fight Khurtsidze. No if's no But's and it can only be trumped via unification.

Khurtsidze then accepts a hefty step aside payment from Frank Warren to fight Tommy Langford who's #2 and put his mando up for grabs.

Why would the WBO, even as shady as they are, allow that if Saunders wasnt going to fight?

The answer to that may just have something to do with Warren teasing a BJS announcement " in the coming weeks" since about 3 weeks ago, and both him and BJS just happen to have ringside seats courtesy of K2 promotions for the GGG - Jacobs fight on saturday.

I think if GGG wins.. we see negotiations for a Unification with BJS.
          he said March 18th, but I think that that's just stalling for time, I bet him and Warren don't show up and if they do they'll be cryptic and talk about the "possible future"....fat **** sitting on the belt waiting for GGG to throw money at him.

Comment

there's simply no chance in hell bjs keeps the wbo belt if he doesn't fight at all this year.the wbo forced two mandatories on him so its either fight the two mandatories and risk losing a future big payday or cash out by have a unification fight with golovkin in june. bjs paying off his mandatory plus all the rumors indicate he will be fighting ggg in june!

Comment

he said March 18th, but I think that that's just stalling for time, I bet him and Warren don't show up and if they do they'll be cryptic and talk about the "possible future"....fat **** sitting on the belt waiting for GGG to throw money at him.
              Well.. march 18th is fight night and theyre supposed to be there.

Im more inclined to believe a deal is already in place and Saunders is taking the cash out fight now against GGG.

if this didnt happen, saunders still has to fight a mandatory down the list that wont be Canelo. He'll lose, and have no big money fight. The WBO have ordered him to face two back to back mandatories so if khurtsidze is fighting langford it'll be from the #4 down which happens to be......david lemiuex who would knock BJS spark out.

Might aswell take 2-3 mil to fight GGG than 400k to fight DL and lose, because either way he isnt getting a 6-7 mil payday against canelo.

Comment

I think he wants to fight GGG for big money, and a unification of all four titles this summer/fall.

I know GGG's team wants to get him in the ring almost as bad as Canelo, so they can snatch that WBO title, and be complete lineal MW champ. It's been a while since somebody has had ALL FOUR major belts. Hell, GGG even has the IBO belt, I think. Which I think should be considered a major belt too (hell, might as well) - they use computerized mathematical formula to determine rankings, so human subjectivity which can be corrupted, is out of the equation!

Anyway - I think Saunders could get a HUGE guarantee to go to Kazakhstan to fight GGG. I'm guessing around 5 million.

I think that's what GGG is aiming for - if he beats Jacobs without taking a huge amount of damage, or suffers an injury. He wants to fight Saunders this summer. Then fight Canelo on Mexican Independence Day in September.

Comment

I just think Saunders doesn't want to take any risks by fighting lower opposition for peanuts, when he could lose, and then his big money fight with GGG is off the table.

Literally all Saunders has to stay in the GGG sweepstakes is that WBO title. GGG is gunning for that.

He wants a homecoming fight in Kazakhstan, and what better way than unifying all 5 titles with Saunders.

If there's any fighter who can have three fights within 7-8 month time period, it's GGG.

Saunders in early June in Kazakhstan. Then Canelo in September.

Comment

BJS recently said he'd need two more tune-ups before Golovkin. The guy is already a world champ and he wants to tune up for a year and a half before facing another world champ in the same weight class? I think he's near done.

Comment

Working...
                    X