Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-01-2016, 09:53 PM #1
takin' one for the team

Quoted: 1312 Post(s)
WTF Huck! has a reputation beyond reputeWTF Huck! has a reputation beyond reputeWTF Huck! has a reputation beyond reputeWTF Huck! has a reputation beyond reputeWTF Huck! has a reputation beyond reputeWTF Huck! has a reputation beyond reputeWTF Huck! has a reputation beyond reputeWTF Huck! has a reputation beyond reputeWTF Huck! has a reputation beyond reputeWTF Huck! has a reputation beyond reputeWTF Huck! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 564,518,854,981,580,800.00
Total Points: 565,518,855,070,605,376.00
No Message - Scott-Weiland You're cute - Scott-Weiland Comment 2752 could not send green, - Scott-Weiland WAR Fury! - LoadedWraps wipe your eyes - -Weltschmerz- 
might help with the diabetes - Omowale Tribe No Message - Weltschmerz No Message - Weltschmerz No Message - Weltschmerz No Message - Weltschmerz 
fury and this kiddo 2 donuts together - Steve plunger Here's a dick for a pussy, stfu nxt time - Boxing Goat 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Scott-Weiland 
Default Your Best Heavyweight Fights of the Last Ten Years

Since 2006 to now, what are your favourite heavyweight fights and why?

First off for me there's the modern day classic Lamon Brewster vs Sergei Lyakhovich. An absolute throwback of a fight with plenty of to and fro and tons of heavy leather thrown by both sides. Pity both guys were never quite the same after this, but for this one night alone they should be applauded.

Second I'm going to nominate Marco Huck vs Alexander Povetkin. Huck brought up his cruiserweight mentality to the heavyweights and nearly stunned the world in a razor thin fight that saw both fighters battling right down to the wire. Povetkin, with his polish and skill, was unable to cope with the sheer aggression of Huck, and was nearly out on his feet on a number of occasions. Nonetheless, his heart and champion mentality saw him rally back to nick the decision.

Third I'm going to have to vote for my man Tyson Fury against Steve USS Cunningham, another cruiserweight with a heavyweight punch. Fury came in ****y and overconfident and found himself decked in the second amidst chants of USA, USA! But his sheer grit and determination allowed him to come back and knock Steve out in the seventh in an extremely gutsy and physical fight.

I won't go on, but a couple of other mentions: Ortiz vs Jennings, Wilder vs Duhaupas (I actually thought this was a really exciting fight), Arreola vs Walker, Perez vs Mago (still haven't rewatched this one, but from what I remember it was a barnburner), Haye vs Barrett, Povetkin vs Takam, Szpilka vs Mollo, Fury vs Klitschko.

Any more?
WTF Huck! is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-01-2016, 10:36 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6870 Post(s)
Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,728,556,714,461,098,934,272.00
Total Points: 11,752,597,009,261,100,269,568.00
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane 
You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules beer's on me bro - Mike D 
Well said - -jose- racist coward - boxingsupreme87 Real talk - jas war sugar - Mike D No Message - mathed 
Have some popcorn my brotha! - Mighty_Windir Suck my BBC, yall will lose then never see a repurblican win again.,, - STAX ON DECK For think'n you're relevant ! LOL ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Good posts - ΣNΣMY One of the best posters here - 1bad65 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jas 

Not a lot of classics,, but I will say

Peter-mccline
Peter-toney 1
Arreola-stiverne 1
Fury-Cunningham
Cunningham-Mansour
Haye-chisora
Povetkin-huck
Sugar Adam Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:27 AM #3
Contender

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
classicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond reputeclassicbuzzbox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 503,184,070,733.25
Total Points: 503,184,105,840.83
Never stop speaking the truth mate! - Krusher P4P #1 

Liakhovich-Brewster. Pretty much ended both as durable fighters.
classicbuzzbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:08 AM #4
Amateur

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
KING Khan. has disabled reputation
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,317.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
Not a lot of classics,, but I will say

Peter-mccline
Peter-toney 1
Arreola-stiverne 1
Fury-Cunningham
Cunningham-Mansour
Haye-chisora
Povetkin-huck
nice list.
KING Khan. is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
brewster, cunningham, fights, fury, greatest, heavyweight, huck, lamon, lyakhovich, povetkin, steve, tyson, wilder

User Tag List