Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo? he did beat the 2012 fighter of the year

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Why is GGG in discussion? He fought 4 bums.
      So did Donaire last year and he was getting praise from everyone. I'm not saying GGG should get the award, but he's a worthy candidate. Especially if we're going by the Donaire standard of last year.

Anyways

Rigo won't get it due to getting screwed by HBO. He only fought twice this year and should have had at least 4 fights this year. They didn't keep him active just so they would hope people would forgot about the beating he gave Donaire. His fights were 8 months apart.

To me it's very close this year. Much closer than any other year.

Because Bradley, Garcia, mayweather only fought twice, although against worthy opponents.

Kovalev, GGG and Stevenson fought 4 times, although against somewhat lower level opposition.

Comment

A while ago I posted HBO would push for GGG behind the scenes to be nominated instead of Stevenson for FOTY.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Calm down. BoxingScene's own Cliff set the ****ers straight:

Cliff Rold ‏@RoldBoxing 2h
          Stevenson, Rigondeaux, Garcia, Provodnikov added to BWAA Fighter of the Year vote.
          Mind boggling that Rigo isn't there to begin with. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
            So did Donaire last year and he was getting praise from everyone. I'm not saying GGG should get the award, but he's a worthy candidate. Especially if we're going by the Donaire standard of last year.

Anyways

Rigo won't get it due to getting screwed by HBO. He only fought twice this year and should have had at least 4 fights this year. They didn't keep him active just so they would hope people would forgot about the beating he gave Donaire. His fights were 8 months apart.

To me it's very close this year. Much closer than any other year.

Because Bradley, Garcia, mayweather only fought twice, although against worthy opponents.

Kovalev, GGG and Stevenson fought 4 times, although against somewhat lower level opposition.
            Donaire's opposition last year was far superior to Golovkin's this year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              A while ago I posted HBO would push for GGG behind the scenes to be nominated instead of Stevenson for FOTY.
              HBO controls BWAA?

And you were wrong, both were nominated

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                HBO controls BWAA?

And you were wrong, both were nominated
                Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I said they will be working behind the scenes to have voters choose GGG over Stevenson.

HBO had their top boxing voice put GGG in the top 5 p4p (laughable), acts as if he is the premiere MW in the world (Sergio), wouldn't approve a guy who called him out while simultaneously marketing him as "the most avoided fighter in the world", and had their top boxing voice, on air, tell us as fans that ward/ggg is not a fight thats good right now.

Yes, they are giving him a push, elevating him before he earned it, and are protecting their investment in him. Put them in the ring together.
                Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                You have some delusion that HBO is protecting golovkin, having enough influence to make him FOTY, blah blah blah. Ward is an HBO fighter too who just got 2+ mil to face a guy like Rodriguez and ward has been saying he wants Chavez himself. Stop with the whining already
                No they don't control the BWAA to my knowledge, but they could influence who was nominated.

Not initially he wasn't. That was BS. Cliff put out the additions to the list and STevensen is on it so yes I am ultimately wrong.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-09-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Mind boggling that Rigo isn't there to begin with. Unbelievable.
                  Or adonis steveson either.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Hell a guy like Derek Chisora is more deserving than GGG
                    i don't know why your so down on GGG you seem to have a go at him at every oppurtunity. I agree that he prob shouldn't be in the discussion here. but your level of dislike seems irrational. Almost any time when GGG is mention you have something negative to say. I know you will likely come back and say that you don't hate on him and proceed to blather on on the quality of his opponents etc but why not hate on the guy in your avatar if that's the case?

Comment

"BWAA FOY candidates: Floyd, Kovalev, Bradley, GGG, Danny Garcia"

I find this selection good enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X