No announcement yet.

[New Interview] FLOYD MAYWEATHER: "IF HE'S HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MARQUEZ..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pactar∂ View Post
    So when does Floyd man up and step in the ring with Pacquiao? Marquez did it 3 times already, and also lost 3 times. Time to stop being a keyboard warrior, and start walking the walk.

Who's going to buy Floyd's PPV's after the sucker punch incident?
    Leonard Ellerbe, one of Mayweather's advisors, and Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer both told ESPN.com Monday that they were notified that Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank was not interested in coming to the table.

In my opinion, you have three cowards -- Bob Arum, (Pacquiao trainer) Freddie Roach and Manny Pacquiao.

-- Leonard Ellerbe,
    advisor to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    "We have been informed that Bob Arum is not interested in pursuing a fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao at this time," Schaefer said.

Mayweather knocked out Victor Ortiz in his return to the ring after 16 months off in September, and Pacquiao eked out a controversial majority decision against rival Juan Manuel Marquez in their third meeting Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

That set the table for the showdown that looms as the biggest money fight in boxing history, especially with Mayweather announcing two weeks ago that he planned to return May 5 at the MGM Grand and, according to Ellerbe, wanted to "make the biggest fight possible and everyone knows what that fight is, the little fella (Pacquiao)."

However, that does not appear to be the plan Arum and Pacquiao have, even if they had said they were open to it before the Marquez fight.

Schaefer said the notification came in an email from retired federal judge Daniel Weinstein, the mediator who has worked closely with the sides to settle numerous lawsuits and issues in recent years.

"I am sick and tired of Bob Arum twisting the truth. It's another case of 'yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth,' " Schaefer said, invoking Arum's most famous quote. "The truth of the matter is that we received this afternoon an email from retired federal judge Daniel Weinstein, who has informed us that Top Rank is pursuing a rematch with Marquez and, therefore, is not interested in immediate talks for a possible Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. This is obviously as clear as it can be that they have no intentions of making a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Therefore, Floyd Mayweather will have no other choice than to move on and identify and lock in another opponent for his ring return on May 5."

Rafael's boxing blog
    Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

Schaefer said the plan was to use Weinstein to help them make the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight because he is trusted by both sides and intimately familiar with the problems between the rival promotional companies.

"Judge Weinstein is respected by both parties and mediated issues between Top Rank and Golden Boy before, so the plan was to see if he could help facilitate such a fight. Floyd's team really wanted to get this fight done," Schaefer said. "If you just sit down with Arum, he can at any time have one of his fits, one of his 'f--- you' attacks, and the likelihood that he would have a 'f--- you' attack in front of a retired judge seemed less likely than if Arum and me would be alone in a room."

Arum told ESPN.com that he knew nothing about an email and claimed that nobody from his company had communicated anything about making -- or not making -- a possible Pacquiao-Mayweather fight.

But Arum did say, "We are pursuing a fourth fight with Marquez. As far as doing anything definitively, we aren't ready to do anything definitively. When we are ready to make a determination of what we are going to do, we will do it. We are not going to do this in the press. We will do what is in the best interest of ourselves and our client and make a decision when it's time to. If we decide we want to do a rematch with Marquez, there is no reason to sit down with Mayweather. If we want to explore a Mayweather fight, we will sit down with them. But I'm not going to sit down with them just because it's a good show."

Comment

i didnt read but title sounds like floyd becomes a
      top 2 triangle theorist behind oscar eh???

Comment

I got baracuda (puga) on ignore, but someone quoted him and I just read it.

He's dead serious too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pactar∂ View Post
          So when does Floyd man up and step in the ring with Pacquiao? Marquez did it 3 times already, and also lost 3 times. Time to stop being a keyboard warrior, and start walking the walk.

Who's going to buy Floyd's PPV's after the sucker punch incident?
          if Floyd walked up on Manny at the post fight presser and slapped the dog **** outta him and said meet me at the MGM on May 5th to get the rest of this ass whooping....you would STILL be saying tell Floyd to man up....you dudes been made to believe something thats not true...scam victims!!!....tell Bob to give you your OWN mind back....thats **** yall saying has been on constant replay!!

Comment

no floyd, you're not the best counterpuncher in the game...jmm is. you're the best defensive fighter though with good counterpunching skills but you're not the best at that. jmm counterpunches with a beautiful combination and he even counterattacks. floyd on the other hand counters with one or 2 punches and then shell up while moving backwards. jmm doesn't back down under pressure because he's too confident of his counterpunching skills.

Comment

I find it quite amusing that all this PEDs talk has suddenly just stopped. If anything Marquez now should be P4P #1 being he beat a roided freak in Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                I find it quite amusing that all this PEDs talk has suddenly just stopped. If anything Marquez now should be P4P #1 being he beat a roided freak in Pacquiao.
                What's not amusing is how uninformed you are.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                  no floyd, you're not the best counterpuncher in the game...jmm is. you're the best defensive fighter though with good counterpunching skills but you're not the best at that. jmm counterpunches with a beautiful combination and he even counterattacks. floyd on the other hand counters with one or 2 punches and then shell up while moving backwards. jmm doesn't back down under pressure because he's too confident of his counterpunching skills.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                    Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                      Floyd, where are you at the age of 24? Did you know at the age of 24 Pacquiao was already a 3 divisions champ, a 2 lineal champ and a WBC champ at the age of 19? Even though at such a young age C+ fighter Pacquaio was already more accomplished to you.
                      Floyd was as highly ranked as the ring #2 ranked P4P fighter in the world at 22 already dumbass...
                      Last edited by Everywhere; 11-15-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X