Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Destroys Bermane Stiverne in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea I noticed that also.

Comment

• Stiverne didn`t even try to block Wilder`s punches. That is the most ****ty boxing match I have ever seen. Stiverne shouldn`t even get paid.

Comment

• Disgraceful WBC

WBC hang your head in shame for the brutal beating Stiverne took. Pathetic organisation. How can you make a guy who's fought one journeyman in three years since a lopsided defeat the mandatory challenger? Oh, hang on, he's promoted by Don King...

Comment

• The pressure is on, AJ!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrij View Post
            Jab against a standing target is impressive ?
            He was throwing it with a lot more impetus than usual, I'm not trying to say Stiverne is some quality win, but the way he won was impressive. AJ has fought many standing targets and has never really utilised the jab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
              Kinda funny how Brits think a bend,curve and so on makes a punch a hook. I only bring it up because I've heard your announcers call punches hooks that would be impossible to be thrown as a hook. Plus the posters on this board.
              Just trying their best to attach some kind of technique to Wilder’s ridiculous punches.

Call a spade a spade if you like, and we’ll call them windmills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                People overlook how inexperienced these guys are. After reading Lennox's comments I realized that I need to readjust my expectations of these guys in terms of what we've seen from them in the ring (AJ and Wilder). They're both still developing, but doing it at the professional level.

His jab has gotten better and better imo. Just a part of his growth process.
                Couldn't agree more bro. People either overrate AJ and Wilder, or expect way to much from both of them. Just because they hold a belt it does not make them elite fighters. They're both essentially still learning on the job. Both had good amateur career's but relied more on their athletic ability as opposed to technical ability. Both guys still have stuff to work on, but should improve fight by fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                  I honestly don't know how you can't like Wilder after tonight. He has the height and reach of the Klitsckhos and the power and style of Tyson. Wilder is vicious. He showboats. He throws wild, crazy punches. And he knocks out EVERYONE. What the heck is not too love?

p4p- #1: Errol Spence, #2: Deontay Wilder
                  Lol. Fanboy much? Spence has beaten one legitimate top 10 fighter. Wilder zero. Impressive as they both are, perhaps we should wait until they actually have a resumé, no?

Comment

• He’s not good he’s better than his opponents

Wilder is knocking out whoever they put in front of him, that’s pretty much all you can say. It’s not his fault of course, recently a couple of genuine quality boxers have messed up his chance to build his record but his opponents to date have been 2nd rate.

Also worth noting that Joshua only has one decent scalp on his record, so they are all pretty much running at the same pace. Parker and Wilder have similar records, Wilders 39 is seriously padded but his learning curve was slower so it makes sense.

Comment

• Just seen this after getting off a flight. That was brutal.

Comment

Working...
                      X