Comments Thread For: Mayweather Ponders Retirement, Admits Options are Low

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LARA VS WILLIAMS
    WTF?

Following the bout the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board conducted a full review with all three judges and although they did not find any evidence of fraud or intentional wrongdoing, they did suspend all three judges indefinitely pending additional training.
    Last edited by ianblake; 05-06-2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

The Racket Squad: The Arum Stake In The Heartless

Pac has become more devout in his religious persuations and still holds his Congressional seat Holy as well.
      His business acumen is small.
      Freddie Roach know this but his bread is buttered by a third hand and he goes with the program.

It's Arum troubling the waters.
      It's Arum who has control due to Manny's other involvements.
      Floyd knows how to milk every buck.
      If Pac had a production team with the abilities that Floyd favors, he would be making twice as much.

So it all comes down to Arum.
      He was cash terrorist when he went head to head with Don King and look whose still standing.
      In a sport dominated by African Americans one would think that they would harness this fiscal power as Mayweather has.

Arum has his claws deep inside of Manny and at 80 years of age Pac is his final cash cow.
      A 50/50 split is the only reasonable conclusion though.
      The drug testing has been mostly solved.

At the end of the day nothing from nothing is nothing.
      I would rather see 70 mil as opposed to a zero followed by a potential loss to a lesser name.

Kiss Bobby goodbye Pac.
      Make this contest the last hurrah for Floyd, yourself and every fan who has paid to see the both of you.

Comment

If so Floyd will ultimately be remembered for DUCKING PACQUIAO... That "you dont even make more PPV sells then me" crap aint going to slide if Floyd dont fight Pac..

Floyd got hit with solid shots from Cotto and he realizes that this. Pac will hit him even harder with faster punches that come from all angles. Pac will not stop coming as well and has the stamina to match Floyd. Floyd knows this.

Comment

Floyd will fight again.

They don't call him Money for nothing.

And there's always more to be made.

Comment

I'm not surprised. Seems when he's promoting a fight he starts conning people saying things like he'll be active till he's 37, for instance.

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
            If he wants to stay active and fight more fights without fighting Pacquiao I don't know why anyone would object to that. I laud him for that sincerely. That in itself is taking risks. I just hope he will do exactly what he says he'll do. That is, stay active till he reaches 37.

Comment

If they can't make the Pacquiao fight happen Floyd might as welll retire I mean Amir khan? Saul Alverez? Don't get me wrong both are very good young fighters but what have they done to deserve a shot at Floyd Mayweather? Like who are they to Floyd Mayweather? Same for Sergio Martinez but he is also to big unless he tryna hit 147 because I don't think Floyd will fight at 154 anymore if he even do fight again but I would also rather see Martinez fight Andre Ward

Comment

he aint going nowhere trust me on that. and if he does retire he will be back 2 months later

Comment

I'm pretty sure that he's just teasing us in an attempt to make boxing fans appreciate him more. One minute he'll say something like "I want 4 or 5 more fights" and then he'll talk about retirement. Bottom line, when your making the kind of money that he's making, and your so far ahead of the competition that you are dominating people with ease and barely breaking a sweat doing it like he is, there's really no reason to retire so I highly doubt that the Cotto bout will be his last. Floyd has already had about 3 "retirements" already and none of them lasted long. Some people were even calling him "retired" before the Ortiz fight. I expect him to continue for at least another 2 years but I do sense that he is getting bored with the sport of boxing. In his interviews he says the same things over and over again and against Cotto he used a completely different style just to challenge himself. So I think he is having trouble with motivation but the money and love for the sport should keep him around for a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
                    Martinez would be drained at 154lbs, but I always thought if someone was going to beat Mayweather as of now, it'd be Maravilla.
                    154 would be perfect. I'd be happy to see that fight at 154.

Martinez is offering himself at 150. What do you prefer, 150 or 154?

Forget about 160, that's not gonna happen.

Comment

Mayweather is wrong when he says that Pacquiao isn't doing the same PPV numbers. Here's the numbers for their last three fights:
                      Mayweather vs. Marquez (1.1) Mosley (1.4), Ortiz (1.25) total: 3.75 million
                      Pacquiao vs. Margarito (1.15), Mosley (1.3), Marquez (1.4) total: 3.85 million

The fight should be 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                      X