No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nicholson In ICU; Hurd-Williams Undercard Fight Canceled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
    I was thinking of them getting rid of the countless inbetween weight divisions, but I suppose that is to facilitate people who are trying to kill themselves making weight. I mean it sounds harsh, but if you're going to the extremes of cutting say 15+ lbs to make weight maybe its your fault?
    Bingo. I remember I made a post how all of the top 154 pounders could easily fight at 160 and I'm pretty sure the average height for the top 10 154 pounders was taller than the average 160 pounder(This was several months ago) I know height doesn't equal mass but the 154 are big. Same with 140. 140 is not supposed to be a division you stay at, it's supposed to be a way to develop into welterweight. I know Indongo,Postol and all of the other 140 guys could be competitive at welter.

Comment

I still don't understand the idea behind the current weigh in rules. 24-36 hours make absolutely no sense. The weigh in should be like an hour or two before the actual fight, at most. You get to your locker room, go weigh in, then go straight into hand wrapping. Easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        This weight cutting sh^t needs to be fixed. Its clearly a problem & a sport within the sport of boxing which defeats the purpose of weight cutting in the first place.

Boxing needs to be innovative here & maybe look into what ONE Championships (a MMA league in Asia) is doing with getting weight cutting out of combat sports. Its a completely unnatural thing they got mfers doing with this dumb ass sh^t.

Wish Nicholson well in recovery.
        But why weight cut unless your cheating to begin with? They’re basically afraid to fight at their own weight and want to go pick on smaller guys, It’s really on the individual .

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          But why weight cut unless your cheating to begin with? They’re basically afraid to fight at their own weight and want to go pick on smaller guys, It’s really on the individual .
          You think weight cutting is cheating? I disagree with that right off.

There is nothing that says you can't go above & beyond to make weight. Its not a rule violation at all. And in a competitive world people obviously will go above & beyond & the problem just grows from there.

Its just some dumb ass sh^t to begin with is the #1 problem. It makes no sense. It dangerous. Its dangerous & has problems with selling the sport to fans to do it on shorter notice cuz people will still cut weight & it will lead to more canceled events late when fighters don't make weight losing people money & therefore hurting the sport.

The obvious & clear solution is to rid boxing of weight cutting. And amateur wrestling (where this has been a bigger & historical problem longer then its been in boxing) & ONE Championships (where a guy died cutting weight) are great examples of how you change the weight cutting sport within the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I’ve never been big into the conspiracy theories so not that up to date with when and where Floyd had it.

I do think for safety sake a bag of saline is worth just rolling out as standard. You can reverse acute kidney injuries very quickly
            Floyd failed to follow procedure and asked for the exemption after the fact. They’d why to many he looks like a PED user “till this day”

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              I’ve never been big into the conspiracy theories so not that up to date with when and where Floyd had it.

I do think for safety sake a bag of saline is worth just rolling out as standard. You can reverse acute kidney injuries very quickly
              floyd got ripped for applying for an exemption 3 weeks AFTER the fight and not before. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                floyd got ripped for applying for an exemption 3 weeks AFTER the fight and not before. Lol
                That is poor!

To be honest I didn’t even know you could apply for the exemption. Makes me think why wouldn’t you do that? Maybe they do?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  This weight cutting sh^t needs to be fixed. Its clearly a problem & a sport within the sport of boxing which defeats the purpose of weight cutting in the first place.

Boxing needs to be innovative here & maybe look into what ONE Championships (a MMA league in Asia) is doing with getting weight cutting out of combat sports. Its a completely unnatural thing they got mfers doing with this dumb ass sh^t.

Wish Nicholson well in recovery.
                  Exactly, the body needs water and while you are cutting weight you are depleting your body of all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients that it needs in order to function properly; Which could subsequently lead to organ failure.

Comment

Working...
                  X