Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG-Charlo is the only fight that makes sense now.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlos dont even deserve it. they r rubbish.

Comment

Is Jermall Charlo's management team even doing something
      to make the Golovkin fight happen?
      He's backed by powerful Haymon, Showtime and Fox.
      Golovkin is also a free agent.
      Why is Charlo wasting his prime years?

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        I doubt it would have made much of a difference...it was wasting the early part of his career in Europe that really cost him imo. his brand was built about as well as it was going to be. he made more money than 90% of fighters for not even facing big name opponents...plus the 2 canelo paydays, and it's more than enough to not need to fight again. he should be looking at big paydays or be looking at the door at this point.
        300+ AMATEUR fights ?!?!?!?

He needed better professional guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I doubt it happens. Talks are under way for a rubber match between Canelo and GGG on May 4th, I doubt GGG will risk a trilogy and the payday that comes with it to fight Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I doubt it happens. Talks are under way for a rubber match between Canelo and GGG on May 4th, I doubt GGG will risk a trilogy and the payday that comes with it to fight Charlo.
            You should probably delete this.

Comment

Canelo is fighting Jacobs so GGG should fight Andrade or BJS. He can also fight Charlo or go up to 168 and fight Plant to try and redeem himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                300+ AMATEUR fights ?!?!?!?

He needed better professional guidance.
                He wasted 5yrs fighting in Germany. He was headlining hbo cards as soon as he came to the us. His team put him in the position all fighters strive for. Not only that, he was getting premium cable dates and multimillion dollar paydays to fight less than elite opposition. From a boxing fan perspective, he needed better opponents...not sure about guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  He wasted 5yrs fighting in Germany. He was headlining hbo cards as soon as he came to the us. His team put him in the position all fighters strive for. Not only that, he was getting premium cable dates and multimillion dollar paydays to fight less than elite opposition. From a boxing fan perspective, he needed better opponents...not sure about guidance.
                  This ''top'' pay he was making (and now demanding ?) only started recently (TBF, I don't know what he was making each fight prior to Nelo).

5 yrs is nothing to sneeze at. That's at least 12 fights. It would have moved him along faster and got him those elusive fights.

Water under the bridge. Hopefully no other boxer, who's serious about making a living at it, wont waste time fighting so many amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by tatot View Post
                    Canelo is fighting Jacobs so GGG should fight Andrade or BJS. He can also fight Charlo or go up to 168 and fight Plant to try and redeem himself.
                    He has options. Will he take them is the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      This ''top'' pay he was making (and now demanding ?) only started recently (TBF, I don't know what he was making each fight prior to Nelo).

5 yrs is nothing to sneeze at. That's at least 12 fights. It would have moved him along faster and got him those elusive fights.

Water under the bridge. Hopefully no other boxer, who's serious about making a living at it, wont waste time fighting so many amateurs.
                      Well to be honest, that last part would apply if Golovkin didn't become so successful. He had the style to create the fanbase and demand he did. It's irrelevant how many amateur fights he had.

Comment

Working...
                      X