Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: The PPV Model Will Never Die, It Will Always Be There

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the 90's, Don King put on great PPVs. Those were worth buying. The stuff they try to sell these days? It's laughable. As soon as it became possible to illegally stream a fight, I haven't bought one. Or Showtime or HBO or any of these apps.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Khan looked like ass in his last fight against Samuel Vargas. Crawford might start slow like he usually does but he is going to wipe the floor with him.
      Man styles and motivation makes fights. I cant COUN'T the number of elites who looked like dog sht against inferior opponents just to come back and smoke REAL talent.
      Your not one of those types are you???

Khan will win some rounds no doubt about it. Smoke??? Like what round 1 ko??? Ill take that bet???

What over/under you got???

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Man styles and motivation makes fights. I cant COUN'T the number of elites who looked like dog sht against inferior opponents just to come back and smoke REAL talent.
        Your not one of those types are you???

Khan will win some rounds no doubt about it. Smoke??? Like what round 1 ko??? Ill take that bet???

What over/under you got???
        I said Crawford might start slow like he typically does. Why would I pick a round 1 KO?

He will stop Khan eventually, though. I got Crawford by KO period. If you want to take that bet let's do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I said Crawford might start slow like he typically does. Why would I pick a round 1 KO?

He will stop Khan eventually, though. I got Crawford by KO period. If you want to take that bet let's do it.
          No TY! Im sure im sure Ill get someone to take Crawford in under 3-4.

Again I don't get caught up in yesterday day fights. I pay attention to it but thats about it. I pay most attention to the camp noise and how a fighter lookes at the 30days, 7 day, and weigh-in more.

This is Bud's 3rd time at WW and hes has no one even CLOSE to Khan's hand speed on his resume. Gamboa has decent speed??? But not GREAT!

Buds doesnt have crushing power. He tkos you by hard work and tearing you down. This fight is a GREAT style matchup and is really gonna show us out elite Crawford is.... IMO UD Crawford or Khan at least makes it to the over/under. BUT wayyy to soon for sure. Lets see how he looks later on

If I was Khan though and REALLY wanted to win I would hire Lomachenko's dad as my trainer for this fight and all future. His skill set is PERFECT for that training style. I would pick Steward as well but you know it cant be him.

Roach is the WORST for a guy with a glass jaw....

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
            Back in the 90's, Don King put on great PPVs. Those were worth buying. The stuff they try to sell these days? It's laughable. As soon as it became possible to illegally stream a fight, I haven't bought one. Or Showtime or HBO or any of these apps.
            Don is undefeated as the ppv card King. At least 3/4 championship fights on a card! As for streaming, thats all i do now, fu.ck all these weakass ppvs, they aint gettin my money. I get my streams in 1080p!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              This sounds like the title of the worst Black Mirror episode ever.
              lol It could actually be good... Bob against his arch nemesis Al Haymon!... in a TERMINATORESQUE decor. With a cameo from Don King and a sex scene between Oscar and Hearn!

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                Yeah, but if memory serves me right,ppv fights are shown on like an hour delay.
                you're correct, only except when someone like Canelo fights, they give us those fights live.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                  Don King did have great ppv. I remember one with Chavez Sr. and Trinidad in the undercard. Couldn’t do that today.

Comment

PPV will never die on a niche sport like boxing. It will never make sense for casuals to be obligated to pay monthly subscription when there's only an average of one boxing event per month. It's ridiculous, especially in the US.

The UK has Boxnation where they talk about and show boxing 24 hrs a day. Boxing is almost dead in America.

Comment

Where was it ever going? Linear television is here to stay. Everyone is not as computer literate as others; Especially when it comes to streaming boxing online and off the internet.

Only a boxing fan will go through the trouble and the aggravation to download an app on their mobile devices just in order to watch a boxing match. I prefer watching my favorite fighters on television as opposed to the net anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                      X