• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJS View Post
    Wow you are stupid
    Care to elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
      If you've ever done any sort of taxing, physical sport which requires endurance, you'd understand. You cannot go 100% from start to finish or you will hit the wall and crash and burn. It's very common to have to just keep pace, try to get your second wind.
      It's hard to explain to people how certain sports are unless they've competed in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
        It's hard to explain to people how certain sports are unless they've competed in them.
        I've competed in plenty of taxing sports - even some that people don't realize are extremely taxing, especially on the lower body, like soccer. Never once did I "take a round off" - you keep going if you want to win.

I'm not saying a person can't get winded, that's fine. Change your approach to something that lets you recover while still showing you give a damn about winning.

How is it you people aren't recognizing the difference between getting tired (N'Dou against Mayweather) vs. just not doing shіt the bulk of the fight (Broner vs. Mikey) and making excuses afterwards? They are TWO DIFFERENT things.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          I've competed in plenty of taxing sports - even some that people don't realize are extremely taxing, especially on the lower body, like soccer. Never once did I "take a round off" - you keep going if you want to win.
          You play Soccer. You don't play Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            You play Soccer. You don't play Boxing.
            I guarantee you, soccer is WAY harder on endurance and stamina than boxing if you're competing under 154.

Comment

I guarantee you, soccer is WAY harder on endurance and stamina than boxing if you're competing under 154.
              gtfoh, boxing and soccer... you must be dumb as rocks

Comment

I'm not saying a person can't get winded, that's fine. Change your approach to something that lets you recover while still showing you give a damn about winning.

How is it you people aren't recognizing the difference between getting tired (N'Dou against Mayweather) vs. just not doing shіt the bulk of the fight (Broner vs. Mikey) and making excuses afterwards? They are TWO DIFFERENT things.
                fwiw, i think sometimes it is a case of 'making excuses', as you say, as there are some fighters who don't seem to give it their all in the ring... what can you say, except that boxing is a very challenging thing

Comment

Comment

If you have that 1 punch power

or

If you're just trying to put in rounds in a tune up

Giving away rounds is like giving away money you don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      On the contrary Mayweather most often starts fast to quickly gain the momentum and respect.

The Mcgregor fight isnt what he usually does. He'll lose some early rounds because he's jumping at an opponent he doesnt have figured out, which has had him eat some big shots early.
                      Little conflict of interest
                      Mayweather had to carry that fight
                      He had a big wager on himself : the fight would go over
                      And magically just enough for Floyd to collect his money
                      He wasn’t taking rounds for figuring chit out , he was taking rounds to cash in

Comment

Working...
                      X