Wilder's punch is for real. But Ortiz is and always was crap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No he’s not he would kill anyone at hw not named Deontay wilder

Comment

U can say the same about haters tho. Ortiz was widely considered a top 3/4 Heavyweight.

And one of the only guys to hurt Wilder.

I would like to see him vs another top Heavyweight for better perspective

Looking at what Ruiz did to Joshua I doubt he woulda steamrolled Ortiz

Comment

I’m not sure if Ortiz was always “crap”, but he looked terrible tonight. I’m still dumbfounded why he’d move into wilder’s right hand and to the ropes, when there was nothing stopping him from moving to his right to the centre of the ring. There’s a reason wilder, who was throwing almost nothing for 6 rounds, suddenly launched that right hand.

Comment

Hard to explain why Dillian Shyte swerved Luis Ortiz, then. If he is so crap.

The fact is that King Kong is a product of the famed La Finca in Cuba. He is a very skilled boxer with pedigree. No amount of hating will change that.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            For the top level.

He's slow as hell and it was embarrassingly obvious that this guy couldn't do anything to Wilder.

Wilder was patient, patient, patient and bang, that's it. That's what separates a pretender from a champion.

Ortiz got paid tonight, good for him. But please, for the love of God, we should all appreciate that this guy simply never was anywhere near what these wilder fanboys wanted us to believe he was.

A 6 rounds slow plodder with a decent left counter.

The guy is 40 yrs old (Maybe even older) so hes obviously not gonna be some sort of speed demon. And he was beating wilder until the KO

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
              Ortiz has only lost one round in his entire career, the fifth round against Wilder in the first fight.

He’s very good.
              That's what happens when you fight potato pies your whole career.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I disagree. He's a southpaw with a lot of skill and good power. If he was such a light touch others would of fought him with no problem. The only ones that did or tried were Wilder and AJ. No Takam, Parker, Whyte, Povetkin, Fury, heck not even Gerald Washington, Kownacki, Chisora, Arreola. None of them wanted that smoke
                I don't get why people say this stuff. Did Ortiz offer these guys fights? Did they turn it down?

Whyte offered Ortiz several fights, so let's not go there. The fact of the matter is that Ortiz isn't a draw and brings zero to the table. When he did fight on TV he stunk the place out against journeymen like Scott, Allen and Hammer.

There's no reason why he should be given anything, because he's never proven anything. Tomato can after tomato can.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Hard to explain why Dillian Shyte swerved Luis Ortiz, then. If he is so crap.

The fact is that King Kong is a product of the famed La Finca in Cuba. He is a very skilled boxer with pedigree. No amount of hating will change that.

these deontay wilder fanboys are so cringe it's unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    No he’s not he would kill anyone at hw not named Deontay wilder
                    Really? Why didn't he kill any of the journeymen he went in against? Why didn't he kill Christian Hammer, a guy Fury played with and stopped as soon as he stepped on the gas?

It's a complete joke.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                      U can say the same about haters tho. Ortiz was widely considered a top 3/4 Heavyweight.

And one of the only guys to hurt Wilder.

I would like to see him vs another top Heavyweight for better perspective

Looking at what Ruiz did to Joshua I doubt he woulda steamrolled Ortiz
                      No he was never considered a top 3-4 heavyweight. EVER.

Comment

Working...
                      X