No announcement yet.

Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Cant find Reeds old official one anywhere but if its about can someone bump it and ill post in there.

Anyways. Ive spent some time out of the game after a poor run. The Makabu vs Bellew fight was the last straw. Still cant believe i lost that especially after the KD in rnd 1.

Back now though for the new season

Looking at Canelo by Dec over Smith at 3-1. I think Smith will prove himself to be tough enough and also Canelo seems to be moving more towards being a boxer more than a puncher. Could easily see a stoppage though especially to the body or just thorough outclassing that the referee stops.

Debated an Golovkin ko in rnds 1-3 but not sure. Brook probably gonna move a lot

Casimero over Edwards at 8/11 is good value. Defo tsking that. Edwards looks talented but this is just a monster step up vs a prime world champion. Cant see Edwards taking this

I like Carlos Cuadras at +550 or better vs Roman Gonzalez. I mean I think Roman wins, but those odds are f#cking ******ed & this fight is for sure much closer than those odds suggest in my mind with Cuadras being pretty f#cking alright himself, having some good power himself + Roman moving up to a new division.

Also liking throwing some money on GGG inside the distance (-390) along with some shorter money on GGG by KO in each round from the 4th to the 10th so unless the unlikely happens (GGG W12 Brook) or the even less likely (Brook wins) I either win or win bigger if the KO in 4-10 happens. I made a similar bet on Canelo vs Khan which I felt was a forgone conclusion fight. And while I don't think this fight is anywhere as close to a forgone conclusion as that fight I do think GGG by KO is a extremely likely outcome here with Brook being a virgin to taking punches from a 160lber who is often suggested as hitting like a HW & just in general Brook dealing with his body at this new weight. GGG is no guy to try out your new +13lbs, 2 divisions higher, body.

Comment

Im looking at close to even money ( for those that really like a challenge ) : we got Yoshihiro Kamegai ( -155) vs Jesus Soto Karass (+125) ; Im surprised that Karrass is the under here! any tips? and why?

Comment

Andy Townend to beat Martin Joseph Ward is almost a very tasty 3/1.

Roman fan but I'll definitely chuck a little something on Cuadras the odds are way too good to pass up.

Comment

Yeah Cuadras could be good value.

Romans defence is good for his style but he gets caught very flush sometimes. His chin has been solid but as he moves up in weight who knows

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Anyways. Ive spent some time out of the game after a poor run. The Makabu vs Bellew fight was the last straw. Still cant believe i lost that especially after the KD in rnd 1.
            Haha me too man, i had almost forgot about that until you brought it up again just now, havent dared to bet since that fight, i was soooooo confident Makabu would crush Bellew, i bet 250$ on that fight, it really fkd with my mojo
            What sucks about it was that Makabu was so much better then bum Bellew but i shouldve done more research on Makabu cause his defense and chin was suspect

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Yeah Cuadras could be good value.

Romans defence is good for his style but he gets caught very flush sometimes. His chin has been solid but as he moves up in weight who knows
              Trust me you dont wanna bet on Cuadras beating Roman, there is no chance in hell, Cuadras is wayyy overrated, protected undefeated fighter with good overall capabilities but he is no world beater, and he should have loss on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by mannysavage View Post
                Haha me too man, i had almost forgot about that until you brought it up again just now, havent dared to bet since that fight, i was soooooo confident Makabu would crush Bellew, i bet 250$ on that fight, it really fkd with my mojo
                What sucks about it was that Makabu was so much better then bum Bellew but i shouldve done more research on Makabu cause his defense and chin was suspect
                Makabu is a classic case of a fighter being overrated by hardcore hipster **** fans like me who want to back the unknown fighter.

Still a hell of a performance from Bellew though.

Comment

Trust me you dont wanna bet on Cuadras beating Roman, there is no chance in hell, Cuadras is wayyy overrated, protected undefeated fighter with good overall capabilities but he is no world beater, and he should have loss on his record.
                  Ive made my bets now so not gonna.

Cuadras is like 5-1 or something. So anyone betting on him is probably doing it for the potential returns rather than because they think he is favourite

Comment

Trust me you dont wanna bet on Cuadras beating Roman, there is no chance in hell
                    The odds definitely suggest thats bettors opinions. And I don't necessarily think Carlos is winning as much I don't think Roman is winning this fight 85% of the time or whatever the % vs the odds math is saying. So all I'm betting on is that overall bets like this one lose less than 85% of the time so I'm getting my money's worth & am overall profitable with these types of bets.

Comment

Working...
                    X