Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dude, Jones-Brook has got to be a candidate for FOTY!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a close, competitive and exciting fight, not FOTY though. What made it exciting was Jones eating up all of Brook's attack, walking through them and throwing back. The excitement came from the uncertainty in whether Brook would survive (reminded me a bit of Khan/Maidana).

Wasn't impressed with Brook's excuses in the post match interview though, was even less impressed by the lack of professionalism in his corner between rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleaver View Post
      It was a close, competitive and exciting fight, not FOTY though. What made it exciting was Jones eating up all of Brook's attack, walking through them and throwing back. The excitement came from the uncertainty in whether Brook would survive (reminded me a bit of Khan/Maidana).

Wasn't impressed with Brook's excuses in the post match interview though, was even less impressed by the lack of professionalism in his corner between rounds.
      Very fair opinion. That fight had me on the edge of my seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Don't talk overreaction when in fact you made $h!t up. That is all.
        This is an overreaction though. Saying that Jones would beat all these fighters after losing a fight that was a test for a young fighter is going overboard. You are jumping both guys over a lot of fighters.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking Salido vs Lopez 2 was a little one sided but the other mention of Huck vs Afolabi is definitely a solid contender.

Absolute slugfest.

Loved that fight and the first one, hope they go for a trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            This is an overreaction though. Saying that Jones would beat all these fighters after losing a fight that was a test for a young fighter is going overboard. You are jumping both guys over a lot of fighters.
            No, it's my opinion. If you don't agree, then don't agree. What is in fact an overreaction is you coming into my tread & claiming I said something that I didn't. That, or we can settle for it being a big, fat lie.

Comment

No, it's my opinion. If you don't agree, then don't agree. What is in fact an overreaction is you coming into my tread & claiming I said something that I didn't. That, or we can settle for it being a big, fat lie.
              You're really going to act like a prick when you try to say people said stuff they did not say every single day? I use a little hyperbole, and you act like a prick. Fine.

Comment

The second half was dam good but the first half was quiet. People tend to overrate fights that were not supposed to be exciting.

Comment

Agree with TS on all his points. But I thought Afolabi-Huck II was a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    You're really going to act like a prick when you try to say people said stuff they did not say every single day? I use a little hyperbole, and you act like a prick. Fine.
                    To me, you're the 1 pricking. If you don't agree I have no problem with that. But don't act like your opinion is gospel over mine.

Comment

Very fair opinion. That fight had me on the edge of my seat.
                      Best thing about that fight yesterday (compared to the Channel 5 Fury farce) was it was a good advert for boxing, and will hopefully encourage Sky Sports to stick with boxing. They've had this, Froch/Bute and Ortiz/Lopez on "free" (if you consider £20 a month free) TV in a very short period of time.

And since they are a company that is dry humping their F1 channel these days, we need more fights at and above this quality to keep it on TV, and avoid the very **** Boxnation getting a monopoly.

Comment

Working...
                      X