Canelo 16yr uncounted boxrec fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
    it's strange.

i went on webarchive to look at archives of his old boxrec page. it only allows you see as far back at 2012. it does have an archive of it from 2009, but doesn't work when it's clicked, as if it's been removed.
    The mystery continues.

Turning into a conspiracy lol.

Comment

If they weren't sanctioned fights then it really doesn't matter.

Comment

Maybe it was an age thing, omitting the pro fights he had under 18 years of age and chalking them up to learning experience. Or non sanctioned fights.

Didn't the same thing kinda happen with Lomachenko before his Salido fight? They had him as 1-0 but really he already had a bunch of fights with no head and with pro boxing rules in some tournament but for some reason they didn't counted it?

On a side note, the defensive awareness Canelo shows in this fight is amazing at 19 years old. He is so poised and talented already. I don't quite understand how a boxing fan can hate on a boxer as talented as Canelo and who has fought as many good fighters as he has and has always been competitive in every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Maybe it was an age thing, omitting the pro fights he had under 18 years of age and chalking them up to learning experience. Or non sanctioned fights.

Didn't the same thing kinda happen with Lomachenko before his Salido fight? They had him as 1-0 but really he already had a bunch of fights with no head and with pro boxing rules in some tournament but for some reason they didn't counted it?

On a side note, the defensive awareness Canelo shows in this fight is amazing at 19 years old. He is so poised and talented already. I don't quite understand how a boxing fan can hate on a boxer as talented as Canelo and who has fought as many good fighters as he has and has always been competitive in every fight.
          i don’t see anyone hating. If he lost a few pro fights then it should be on his record no matter how old he was. I heard about it but I didn’t know if it were true or not. People already think he’s protected and have paid judges if this got out to the mainstream media it wouldn’t be a good look

Comment

That **** looked like a Kumite tournament no wonder why it aint on the record.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              i don’t see anyone hating. If he lost a few pro fights then it should be on his record no matter how old he was. I heard about it but I didn’t know if it were true or not. People already think he’s protected and have paid judges if this got out to the mainstream media it wouldn’t be a good look
              I’m not talking about this thread or this topic specifically, I said “on a side note”, meaning the following comment was not related to Canelo’s record or missing record. It was general comment of Canelo’s career and his detractors always putting him down. This crap is just one of the many things he’s hated on about. Oh where are Canelo’s losses from when he was 15, he’s a fraud, etc. That’s actually not the hate I was talking about but yeah, now that you mention it, yeah that’s pretty dumb too to make a scene for that and question him about some fights he had right after hitting puberty.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                I wrote the story on here a while ago that when I first heard of Canelo, before he even made his American debut, I checked him out on boxrec and it said he already 30 something fights including like 3 loses and 3 draws. Something like that.
                Then just before his American debut they changed his record to 21-0-1.
                Wow!!! Where have i been? I have never heard this before. And its believable as well. I doubt that it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Wow!!! Where have i been? I have never heard this before. And its believable as well. I doubt that it at all.
                  Most likely a mistake something like that would have fighters in Mexico coming out left and right saying I beat canelo not to mention the Mexican media they would always be bringing it up writing stories mentioning it before all of his fights when they announce his record

Comment

It is basically a sparring.

Comment

Many fights south of the border are not logged correctly. Due to their commissions. I have recorded many fights off Azteca and other channels from Mexico that still are not on boxrec to this day.

Comment

Working...
                      X