No announcement yet.

Feel terrible for Golovkin...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    I think it’s trash to rob an old man at the end of his career.

GGG has given us so many exciting experiences and fight.

If I were him I’d pull a Hagler and retire.
    said the same thing to the wife on the drive back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolor View Post
      Very well put, though I do think that a today was actually a more of a draw.
      That's fair. Even if I thought Canelo cleanly won this one, I'd still feel bad for GG. Never quite at the right place at the right time in his career, or with the right result. It was super-fun watching him smash guys like Rosado, Lemieux, and such and while I don't think he was Haggler/Leonard level, I do think he deserves to be remembered for more than what is inevitably going to happen.

He was maybe a bit too hyped at one point, but may now get under-valued. Which I hate seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
        He won the first fight clearly and lost a close toss up fight the next time. Sucks for him as he hasnt gotten satisfaction when he deserved it and the ball is in Cabelo's court for a 3rd fught, which by then GGG is like 38.
        I hope Golovkin doesn't take it. He will be too old by then. Unless of course he needs the money, but then again, he would get a ****ty split that time around (sowhere in the area of 20%, if not a flat fee).

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          That's fair. Even if I thought Canelo cleanly won this one, I'd still feel bad for GG. Never quite at the right place at the right time in his career, or with the right result. It was super-fun watching him smash guys like Rosado, Lemieux, and such and while I don't think he was Haggler/Leonard level, I do think he deserves to be remembered for more than what is inevitably going to happen.

He was maybe a bit too hyped at one point, but may now get under-valued. Which I hate seeing.
          Nothing to add.

I enjoyed today's fight a lot - that was a classic, with two evenly matched fighters - reminded me of the V. Klitschko vs. Lewis fight, just without the cut and stoppage.

Comment

This dude beat Canelo twice, well tonight could be a draw.

And this guy is ridiculed.

Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolor View Post
              I hope Golovkin doesn't take it. He will be too old by then. Unless of course he needs the money, but then again, he would get a ****ty split that time around (sowhere in the area of 20%, if not a flat fee).
              I think GGG gets a belt and Canelo is a real man so he'll want to unify. GGG will be old but I dont think itll be a hard fight to make.

Comment

I thought Golovkin won but Canelo showed a helluva a chin and toughness....Come to think of it, I guess GGG showed a good chin and toughness too. It kind of sucks that either fighter would have to take a loss in this case. For some CRAZY reason I was expecting the judges to give Golovkin the decision. It sure looked like he won this fight but it almost feels like the "money fighter" got the win for the sake of "lucrative business".

Canelo has more money making potential than Golovkin. He's young and already has the marketing behind him. Golovkin is at the end of his career and his days are numbered. He didn't quite get the same cards that the big money makers luck out on.....And it is indeed "luck". Timing is everything. Still, Golovkin did pretty damn well for himself...and it's not over yet. I'm not so sure the full story has been told just yet, even though it does look like the sun is setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  True, true.
                  I admit I have a soft spot for fighters nearing the end of their careers but I did pick canelo so I don't think my judgement is too clouded here.

Seeing GG walk back to the lockers though, I felt it wasn't supposed to be that way. Like a guy who puts his time into a company for so many years and then gets shyt canned for a BS reason and now has no pension.
                  I feel like GG got robbed of his legacy.
                  I actually missed him walking away because I got up and walked away to the bathroom. But I remember when someone posted one of those "conspiracy" videos from the first fight (the one where they knew it was a draw in advance and came over and told him and Abel) what I noticed and what really stuck with me was how heartbroken G looked and tried to blink away the tears and drink his water in the background as Abel yelled "draw?" over and over.

Comment

I hope he retires. He'll never get a fair shake so why do it again. Canelo was even hurt in this fight twice IMO.

Btw go back and look at my posts I picked Canelo. I'm just sick of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                      I think it’s trash to rob an old man at the end of his career.

GGG has given us so many exciting experiences and fight.

If I were him I’d pull a Hagler and retire.
                      Remember Hopkins Taylor 1 and 2?

Comment

Working...
                      X