No announcement yet.

Nick Diaz accepts one-year USADA suspension for 2017 whereabouts violation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Diaz accepts one-year USADA suspension for 2017 whereabouts violation

Nick Diaz has cleared up his latest issue with the United States Anti-Doping Agency.

On Monday, the drug testing organization announced that Diaz has accepted a one-year sanction for a whereabouts violation dating back to April 2017. The 34-year-old UFC welterweight failed to make himself available for out-of-competition testing on three occasions ranging from 2016-2017.

According to the release, “the accumulation of three Whereabouts Failures within a 12-month period constitutes an anti-doping policy violation.”

Despite USADA saying that Diaz remained in the testing pool, he was not tested for the remainder of 2017. In the first quarter of 2018, he was tested for the first time since the third quarter of 2016.

Because Diaz’s period of ineligibility began on April 19, 2017, he will be able to return to competition as early as 10 days from now. He has not fought since losing a five-round unanimous decision to Anderson Silva at UFC 183 on Jan. 31, 2015. That result was later changed to a no-contest when Silva tested positive for steroids. Diaz would also test positive for marijuana.

Diaz should have just retired like Brock, so he won't have to worry about testing.

It's not like he's had any intention of fighting in the last three years.

He can always end his retirement and come back if he wants to.

Comment

I feel like we missed out on a lot of potentially great Nick Diaz fight in the past 5 years. Have they still got the same rules on smoking weed meaning a ban? Because if so he'll probably fail at least one more test before his career starts up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        I feel like we missed out on a lot of potentially great Nick Diaz fight in the past 5 years. Have they still got the same rules on smoking weed meaning a ban? Because if so he'll probably fail at least one more test before his career starts up again.
        I think the ruling by the commission was they felt his marijuana level was so high that he had to have been high during his actual fights. I believe after the first time he popped, Nevada raised the cannibinoid level much higher than it was before so they used that level to justify his suspension. Also Nevada like other commissions in states that allow recreational/medical marijuana use allow marijuana to be in your system even while in training camp. But again the level you piss after the fight needs to be below a certain level.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          Nick Diaz has cleared up his latest issue with the United States Anti-Doping Agency.

On Monday, the drug testing organization announced that Diaz has accepted a one-year sanction for a whereabouts violation dating back to April 2017. The 34-year-old UFC welterweight failed to make himself available for out-of-competition testing on three occasions ranging from 2016-2017.

According to the release, “the accumulation of three Whereabouts Failures within a 12-month period constitutes an anti-doping policy violation.”

Despite USADA saying that Diaz remained in the testing pool, he was not tested for the remainder of 2017. In the first quarter of 2018, he was tested for the first time since the third quarter of 2016.

Because Diaz’s period of ineligibility began on April 19, 2017, he will be able to return to competition as early as 10 days from now. He has not fought since losing a five-round unanimous decision to Anderson Silva at UFC 183 on Jan. 31, 2015. That result was later changed to a no-contest when Silva tested positive for steroids. Diaz would also test positive for marijuana.
          The Diaz brothers are must watch TV imo. The only problem is there is no1 really intriguing I want to see them fight especailly Nicks first fight back. I personally think he needs a tune-up but I know Nick will come back for 1 big fight, take an L, & than vanish again.

Comment

Working...
          X